Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's all the RUMBLEFISH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bizzaro, Aug 29, 2000.

1. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    So what about the Reverend Rumblefish? All reports I've heard are, WOW!!! Kick Ass Bass. And this usually comes from owners. I'm nibbling and getting ready to take a big bite. How about some feedback before I invest? I've heard the tone is phenomenal??

2. Hey Mubiksski..
    What you've heard is true. The tone is phenomenal. The neck is phenomenal. IMHO, you can't get more bang for the buck. They are great basses.. I own two.
    Now, before the moderator jumps in here, you should search the archives, there was a very long thread about Rumblefish basses a while back, and a couple of shorter ones, they should contain all the info and opinions you need. You didn't fill out your profile so I don't know where you live, but if there is a Reverend dealer near you, I would encourage you to go play one. You will not be disappointed!

3. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD

Aug 19, 2000
    My new Rev Rocco is THE most amazing guitar I have ever played. Everything you hear is TRUE. I am 40, was looking for something "different but not foreign", (playing for 25 years!!) and the Rev is IT!!! Build quality is EXCELLANT...Joe Naylor is a great guy. PLAY ONE!!! My next bass will be Rev..you can COUNT on it!!

4. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    Are you interested in 4 or 5 strings?

5. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Right now I own a Yamaha Trb II five and I love it. I would like to own a four string, slap happy tone monster. I also own a Fender P Foto Flame that I really don't like much. I'm also considering a Carvin LB70?? What do you think. I want a real solid, great versitile sounding four for gigging. Right now I'm playing in a rock band but hope to put together something more jazz or funk oriented.

6. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    IMO,I dont think the fish is the ticket for a "slap happy funk machine".I am a player rooted in funk.Funk is a word that seems to have changed in meaning over time.Im talking Louis Johnson,Rick James,James Brown R+B/dance funk.Not Phish funk.the bass of choice for this and later slap has got to be a "quackin"Stingray.A Musicman(if you can afford it)not an Ernie Ball.Although these are more,they definetly hold their value MUCH better than most basses.A late 60s P-bass is also a nice barkin,throaty,choice.