Whats Bag End?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Just like the subject said. I have been seeing lots about bag end.. especially with 18" speakers, so im guessing it has to do with sound and or speaker size (duh!).. Clue me in!
  2. oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
  3. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I just got a bag end 15" speaker cab. It sounds great. Bag End is a cabinet company with super quality componants. they have allot of low end. go to http://www.bagend.com and have a look around. I must emphisize their premium quality...
  4. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    hey lizard king, are you known as mojo rison too?
  5. Yes! as a matter of fact.. Mojo Risin!!! but.. not Backdoor Man.. peferably.. thanx! ..hehe :)
  6. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    My S15B-D cab lists for $690 retails for $530, and I got it used for $300. I got a good deal I think...cause it is in pristine condition.
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    actually, Bag End is a small country town of hobbits in the Shire...among some of the famed hobbits from this land are: Bilbo Baggins, his nephew Frodo Baggins, Sam Gamgee...ya know i'm just messin' with ya right?
  8. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    neptoon aka dr. spock :D :D

for bag ends i like one of the Af1a-r or something like that, it has an 18", 10" and a tweeter.

the problem with an 18" is it takes about five feet to hear the sound, but the sound travels a long way, plus they control low notes, but the 10" and tweeter counter act the 5 foot thing because they have shorter waves. With that you can get full sound that travels long distances. That's why every cab needs a 15-18. That bag end cab is one of my favs, out of the ones i played and heard.

I like "LA Woman" the album because it has Jerry Sheff on it. :) :)