What's been new at Talkbass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Sorry I haven't been here in awhile...just been caught up with school and such..so what's been going on..what's new?
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nothing really. Someone revived a "Kirstin Dunst" thread from 2001. Other than that, there's a few new FIeldy tabz.

That about sums it up. Try again in a year.
  3. You wouldn't belive this but......

The smilies are colored now!! Myabe u weren't gone for that long but still.

some are animated too!!! awww look, ones playing a two stringed bass with little circles for hands. :bassist: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

oh look, ones a ninja! :ninja: awww how cute, looks at the eyes.

how cute, the nerdy one with glasses (or just big square eyes) can't talk and is asking for help. :help:.

i love them all!
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The smilies were colored before, they just got changed after the update, which is when you joined.

the only new thing for me is that i bought my first 5 string bass, and love it :p
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yeah, they have been here longer than you
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hmmm, free premium basses were handed out to everyone that posted with a certain two-week timeframe. It was awesome, we all got new rigs, and digital home studios. Paul really is freaking sweet. Mike Dimin came to all of our houses and gave lessons. JWC is back and he's been playing DB jazz. That kid knows his minor ii-V7-I turnarounds! Ed stopped by and wound up getting tossed, spilling beer all over the place, and making a general nuisance of himself.

I had enough basses so instead Paul bought me a new Lexus. It's sweet, I guess. He was handing out so many of them that I would just pay people to drive mine into walls so I could watch them explode. Oh, good times.

JT quit bass and is playing flute. He says he "just no longer liked lower notes." I feel him.

Odie got better.
  7. wow i havent been here a while too...

theres just that thing called school. :rolleyes: