Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's been your favorite live show\concert?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 25, 2003.

1. So far my favorites have either been Summer Sanitarium where I got to sing with the singer of the Deftones, which happened to be a dream come true, or when I saw From Autumn to Ashes at the Vanderbilt which had turned into a breakout and where the security was overrun by adrenline filled people :D

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Tool is by far my favorite concrt to see live.

3. it's too hard to name just one...

Oysterhead (w/ opening band Laketrout): fantastic show. good crowd, excellent opener, and les was totally badass.

motorhead and anthrax: self-explanatory. these guys never put on a show that doesn't rock people brains out onto the floor.

moe. (w/ les' frog brigade opening): i saw this two nights in a row. great jams, i was right up front, and les spoke to me from the stage the second night. it was sweet.

leftover crack: a mix of hardcore, punk, ska, and pure awesomeness. also, the craziest pit i've ever seen.

4. Frog Brigade.

5. hey Figjam, thanks for reminding me....how could I forget the time I saw Tool on Halloween and had a good spot in the crowd.....I've seen them twice so far and there's something magical about them...it's so powerful.....above all they've been my favorite band to see live.....:D :bassist:

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Andy Milne's (M-Base dude) Dapp Theory with Ron Brown on monster bass.

the most musical group i have heard in a long time.

7. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Haven't really seen to many shows, but for what I've seen, RUSH was probably the best so far.

I missed Pink Floyd in Denver's Mile High Stadium, because of personal reasons. That concert would have been, without a doubt, the best live show. So, I continue to live vicariously through the memories of everyone else who's gotten the chance to see them.

:bassist:

8. Couldn't really say one particular one, but it's a toss up between New Found Glory/Fenix TX/RX Bandits and The Ataris/Audio Karate/Antifreeze. The Ataris absolutely kicked ar$e.

9. Maus when they published their latest CD, that was an awesome gig.

But I expect that to be topped in 26 days when I'll see A Perfect Circle and the Deftones. I swear I'll find a way of inserting that little piece of info into every post I'll make from now on. :D

10. Best live shows I've seen:

Chicago -- Always plays their butts off.
    Kansas, circa late 70s -- I've never seen better musicians -- ever.
    Dave Matthews Band
    James Taylor
    John Denver

11. Definitely The Mars Volta. Not only was it my favorite concert experience, but the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

1. The Mars Volta
    2. BB King
    3. Frog Briade
    4. Tool/galactic/The Young Idea(tie)

The rest just blend toether, but these are the best shows I have seen.

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Victor Wooten was neat, especially since they do all those stage antics and really have an interesting show that is more than just music.

Same goes for The Flecktones, great stuff 'cause they do a lot on stage.

Other than that, I saw Radiohead a couple summers ago that was an excellent show, but it was at a big concert arena(Hollywood bowl) so it lacked the intimacy found at most of the other shows I've been too.

13. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Ozzfest!

\m/

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The best I have ever been to was Iron Maiden on the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour. AWESOME!

More recently, last year I saw East West, Pillar and The Benjamin Gate at a local club. While all three are good bands and I like their music a lot, they are by no means among my favorites. But the show was one of the best I have ever been to. The energy level started out ridiculously high with East West, and it just got better as the night went on. By the time Pillar took the stage, it was as if there was electricity in the very air.

15. I used to have a whole bunch of favorites and would have had a tough time narrowing it down, but last May I saw Pearl Jam in State College. They played for about four hours, and played 36 songs, which included most of their older stuff. The ONLY song I didn't hear that I really wanted to was Dissident.

Since Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands, and that was one of their longer concerts, I'm going to have to go with that.

16. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Rush
    Boston

nuff said :cool:

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I been to a crapload of shows in 25 years but the two that stand out the most were
    Tower Of Power @ lupo's in Providence RI in 1999
    Jethro Tull @ The Cape Cod Melody Tent in 2001
    Honorable mentions goes to
    Rossington/Collins band at the Sprinfeild Civic Center in 1980 and RUSH @ the Worcester Centrum in 1981

18. Best ever?

Tough. One of these three:

Status Quo, Hammersmith Odeon, London 1976ish. Fantastic. I was in the balcony and I thought ti was going to collapse. They played "4500 times" for 25 minutes solid. I will never forget that.

Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Finsbury Park rainbow. The classic pre-plane crash line up and excellent fun.

Jethro Tull at the Arý theatre here in Ankara in 1995 (recorded on the "A little light music" album). This concert did more than anything to get me back into music after a 15 year lay off.

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

A bar band in Ann Arbor called "Sonic's Rendezvous Band". Motor City all the way. A sound so big and heavy, you could lean on it. They do have a disc available. It doesn't do the live show justice though. Former MC5 and Stooges guys.
    http://www.sonicsrendezvous.com/Sonic/

20. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    KISS on their first reunion tour.
    Without a doubt. A feast for the senses. Overstimulation never felt so good. Maybe not the best musicians, but the best performers. Period.
    Those guys make young bands look lethargic compared to their energy, stage presence, the ability to work a crowd, and to be tight as a band.

Best Show Ever!