What's better, Gotoh or Badass II?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fleabass89, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Gotoh

11 vote(s)
  2. Badass II

12 vote(s)
  3. I don't know

20 vote(s)
  1. The reason why Gotoh sounds appealing to me is the price ($20), plus I've heard good things about them.

the badass is $40. The reason why Badass II sounds appealing to me is because I've heard excellent things about them, and how can you go wrong with such an awesome name?:D
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    How about this one...

ETS Tuning Fork Bass Bridge System

Unfortunately I don't know if they have a website or are available in the U.S.
    A lot of German highend basses have this one...
  3. I have a Badass2 and love it, and I want to get a Gotoh 201 for my other cheap Jazz. I say get the Gotoh because it's cheaper and you don't have to file it.

4. pardon my curiosity, but how do you pronounce Gotoh?
  5. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Hmmm good question, I don't know either.

I have been pronouncing it like 'dodo' with a 'g'. :D
  6. Randy Payne

Randy Payne

Jan 1, 2001
    Get the Gotoh #206. My favorite bridge. Fully adjustable for string height and spacing, and everything locks down. Great bridge.
  7. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    That's a pretty peice of work.

8. Got oh.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I want one for a 6! It would make a perfect drop in replacement for the bridge on my SR506.
  10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hey peeps. Check out www.warmoth.com for bridges by Gotoh and Schaller, etc...
    I am going to order my Gotoh 201 tomorrow.
  11. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    How is the sustain on the Gotoh 201 compared to the Badass II? Anybody have anything to say on that one?
  12. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    There was an ETS bridge on a Marleaux Custom Consat I had briefly. For those of you who dislike the Warwick bridges, this is NOT the bridge for you. While it looks nice, some of the adjustments were ergonomically difficult!

Just my 2 cents....
  13. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    I can just recommend the ETS Tuning Fork or ABM 3D Bridges - I have them on my ESH basses and I liked them pretty much. Together with these ShureLock Tuners (like on the Garry Willis bass) I think the bass won`t get out of tune ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever....

14. good fella

good fella

Apr 3, 2001
    how do you pronounce dodo?
  15. good fella

good fella

Apr 3, 2001
    glad to hear such good things about gotoh. i just ordered one from www.warmoth.com , i hope it sounds as good as everyone says. $20? how can i lose!
  16. It's pronounce as Pee Zo

Regarding Badass II and Gotoh....I bought Badass II bridge and Hipshot tuning peg.

Cannot find the web site for both product...anybody help??