1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's coming and going XVIII: (We Don't Need) Rehab

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Adamixoye, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I get around yearly quotas by buying all my 2021 pedals in late 2020!

2. Dr Greenthumb

Dr Greenthumb Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    That would be a decent name for a compressor!

BunchyMutt and shaggy45 like this.
  3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not counting the morningstar stuff since the ES-8 crapped the bed. I also have some 2020 pre-orders that are about to land (I had the same idea as @Peaveylover ). The ODB was not part of the plan (neither was another little something else that popped up that will be here shortly), but I've still got 2 unclaimed spots (for the year - HA!). Looks like pedal buying resolutions are about as effective as weight loss resolutions. Oh well...

Nefarius696, gh0st42 and kranahan like this.
  4. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Yeah... Those last two will be gone by mid March. There’s gotta be a new Brawtin or two on the horizon.

Nefarius696, gh0st42 and cosmicevan like this.
  5. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    On it's way,

Broughton Locust Star.

Should be here tomorrow.

Will be my first Broughton pedal.

6. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    That’s a really good first one to acquire. Let us know what you think.

gh0st42 and dedpool1052 like this.
  7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

damn forgot about Josh. I didn't even factor that in. The studio boost already screwed me over. I'll definitely break curfew to check out a Broughton. There's a few other builders that I'm really into that if x popped up for y price I'd have no choice but to jump at it, so it might get bloody in the spring.

H0wW_E.gif
    It's gonna be a battle royal for those last 2 spots but I think I have a pulse on what they will be. I need to replace my Fabrikat (again, because Broughton - re: SunRay) and Knut is dropping a batch any time now...and I think for the last slot, I wanna go yuuuuuge and snag a Vongon Ultrasheer and just bathe in gorgeous reverb for the rest of the year...but Tarania and Bitmap v2 and and and

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed. The Locust Star is one of my favorites.

kranahan, gh0st42 and dedpool1052 like this.
  9. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

As promised...and today without a cafe latte precariously balanced on my Expression pedal. My newly arrived Source Audio Ultrawave Beta (98/100)
    2021-02-23-1.jpg
    2021-02-23-2.jpg
    2021-02-23-3.jpg

The compressor on the Ultrawave is very very nice indeed and it's fully Midi compliant (once attached to a Neuro hub). So I can call up 128 internal patches on this device, do Expression CC over Midi, patch change, value change...it's a very sweet unit. I didn't expect it to be SO versatile. I've dialled up some nice overdrives and fuzzes already. Then there's harmonic trem, 8 band Graphic EQ and I've barely touched it's main feature...the Ultrawave distortion!
    So I'll be flipping my EBS MultiComp fairly soon, especially after I've re-created 3 patches that mimic it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:27 AM
  10. Jakeman

Jakeman Swamp Thing Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Coming: DSM OmniCabSim Deluxe and Sony headphones. Pleasing the wife.

On it's way: ss/bs Mini. I'm in New Orleans, so the recent freeze has slowed the mail down. So as the Talking Heads say, "stiiiiiill waiting..."

Collect or flip???: IE Dubterranea. I just don't know. Maybe with the right trade deal?

Up for trade: Broughton PLL. Come on, somebody wants it!

Nefarius696 and kranahan like this.
  11. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    What are you looking for on the trade?

Edit: I found your listing.

12. Jakeman

Jakeman Swamp Thing Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    For the PLL? I'm open to a lot. Main things I've been hunting for are a COG Grand Tarkin, Broughton Sunder, Broughton Rumblefish, Broughton Broughctave... I'm big into fuzzes, octaves and filters. PM me.

saltydude likes this.
  13. I'd trade you money. :D

14. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    Going:
    Two Notes Torpedo Cab M
    Radial Bassbone v2

Coming:
    Shift Line Olympic mkIIIs

But the coming really depends on the going for funding :D

halech54 and Jeff Elkins like this.
  15. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    First time I've participated in this.

Coming: REtro Sonic Flanger V2. Way Huge Atreides
    Going (hopefully)-BSRI SFG and Solidgoldfx LM308 Beta DLX.

Nefarius696 and jumbo_steelie like this.
  16. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Gold Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Just picked up the SLO, and it served several purposes - including silent rehearsal!

Coming: A second Mooer Tender Octaver V1. So good, I have to have two! Actually planning to set up a small board for my stepdaughter and it's for that. Maybe.

Going (gone): Sent three pedals to aforementioned stepdaughter's bf, who plays guitar. Joyo American Sound, EBS Fuzzmo, and Malaise Forever BLM drive. Have fun, kid.

Considering whether to keep the Mesa Subway DI for backup/upright-only/second board now that I have the SLO.

17. SidNitzerglobin

SidNitzerglobin

Feb 12, 2019
    fROMOHIO
    Coming
    Performance review went well at work so I've got a bevy of (mostly) bass pedals on the way. Damnation Audio MBD2, Empress Bass Compressor, MXR Bass Octave Deluxe, & a couple Hors d'Oeuvres to plug them & some others into.

Here's the setup I think they'll windup in initially:
    Iu5lb7U.jpg
    bass > OneControl Junction Box (under board) > Empress Bass Compressor > PolyTune 3 > Fairfield Circuitry Hors d'Oeuvre, right {MXR Bass Octave Deluxe > Walrus Audio Lillian > Fairfield Circuitry Unpleasant Surprise > Fairfield Circuitry Modele B} > Damnation Audio MBD2 > Fairfield Circuitry Hors d'Oeuvre, left {EQD Dispatch Master > Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge} > Empress ParaEQ > OneControl Junction Box > amp

I really wanted to grab a Shallow Water to check out in place of the Randy's Revenge while I was at it but they were out of stock so it will have to wait again.

Going
    A great Reverend Club King RT whose neck I looove but it's just too orange for my sensitivities & it deserves to be played by someone...
    qMl8EUi.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 6:44 PM
  18. Goatrope

Goatrope

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Gone: Adam Clayton Purple Sparkle Jazz.

Coming (pre-order):2021 Gibby NR Thunderbird.

19. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    In tomorrow....Electrofoods Nepenthes v2

In later this week....Electronic Audio Experiments Longsword v2

Incredible dirt pedal week from two of my very favorite pedal builders.

20. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Got the V2 today. The green sparkle is great, but the range of tones is better. It's a keeper. I also got a Broughton Locust Star today that is different than the Nepenthes but equally versatile from low to high gain. All sounds great. Unfortunately I can't keep both

Some folks thought the Nepenthes cut lows - I definitely do not have that problem. Sure, it can get clanky and grind, but it can have so much low end content too that it wolf notes out.

These are delightful. I'm sort of astonished how even they are across the range of a 6 string bass. They both sound great with and without a cab sim, going direct or going into an amp.
    087B7A01-02AC-4F16-A3BA-AD244FD548C7.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 7:51 PM
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021