what's fna mean?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pigpen02, Feb 14, 2003.

1. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    checking out a warwick fna jazzman, just curious as to what the fna signifies?

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    From the web page http://www.bunnybass.com/QnAs4.shtml:
    Q: Hello Mimi! Here's the Warwick FNA story as told to me by my local warwick dealer who had visited their factory in Germany and heard it straight from their mouths:

Warwick had some big contest to name the bass, some guy came up with "Altus" and won. Warwick did extensive research to make sure that no other company had exclusive rights to the name, after lots of time and money spent, their search showed that "Altus" was fine to use. Mass production began. A small and abstract violin luthier from Japan named ALTUS threatened to sue if they used the name. After the time and money committed to the research, Warwick were obviously disappointed. On a disgruntled approach to renaming the instrument they settled on FNA, the abbreviation for "F***ING NOT ALTUS".
    I'm sure there are several "PG" meanings for the abbreviation but the above was meant as the original. From Adam A.

A: Thanks for the story Adam :)
    ~ mimi
  3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Gosh, and I thought it was the expect expression when one plays an FNA for the first time...

F'n A, that's a nice bass!!!
  5. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    LOL :D that is halarious.
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's supposed to stand for "Formally kNown As".
  7. Altus means "high point"....I was stationed @ Altus AFB, Oklahoma from '89-96....
  8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Actually, as a Warwick dealer, I have talked to several people from thier camp. The F#%^ing Not Altus story is true.