1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by EricF, Sep 19, 2008.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Today was a big plate of deluxe nachos with chicken from my favorite local Mex shack (Burrito Express).

What did you have?

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Ima heading to a local bakery/deli/lunch place that does pretty good corned beef and cabbage..

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Free pizza.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    ^ That's the best kind!!

I had a wet burrito from the Adobe'. My drummer could be in trouble tonight!! ;)

5. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
  6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I've gotten rather passe' about the farting during a gig. I do it so often.

If I get a good old projectile shart, I shall post every gory detail!

7. A Swanson's Chicken Pie and no name brand fettuccine Alfredo. A mountain of a microwave meal.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    couple hotdogs with spicy brown mustard, sour kraut, and hot onions.... we have a Sabretts street vender cart stationed in our Cafeteria.

9. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    homemade sammy: pastrami, oven baked chicken, swiss cheese. wild cherry pepsi for the washdown.

10. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Nearly 3 hours after lunch, and my nachos are sitting in my gut like a sack of rocks. They sure were good going in, but it's going to take a while to recover. :(

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    me... the dog burps have just about passed. Time to think about supper! 15 minutes left in my work day

12. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    school lunch.:meh:

3 chicken strips, 2 boxes of curly french fries, and a water.:)

13. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I'm cooking a cheese steak sandwich with Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms. :)

14. Elrend

Elrend

Feb 24, 2008
    Norway
    a slice of bread from my pocket

15. Homemade tandoori chicken, naan, brown rice, an Odwalla bar, mandarin oranges, and a water.

16. Didn't eat lunch. Leftover pizza for dinner though.

17. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    A peruvian fish based dish called ceviche. Looks like this:

[​IMG]

18. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    ceviche is the bomb-shizzle.. I had tons of it in Honduras, and there's a few places local that make great ceviche.

It's like sashimi mixed with salsa... how can you go wrong?

19. I was down in south Terrebonne Parish (no power yet) and the pickin's were slim. I have a few MRE's in the trunk, but the weather and lack of parking made it a bit difficult to cook, so I was forced to either wait out the meal or go to a McDonald's. Alas, I ate the fast "food".

Mike

20. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    Although there are several dishes throughout Latin America called ceviche, the peruvian one is unique. You put raw fish on lemon juice, salt, red pepper (??) and a few more things and thats is. The lemon at Peru have so much citric acid that actually cooks the raw fish.

I know that several peruvian restaurants have open its doors on the States, you might like to go to one of them and try the peruvian ceviche. A few foreign people have told me that the peruvian one is the best ceviche they have taste :).