Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's GAS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by megiddo, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I'm fairly new to this forum and I've noticed when someone wants something real bad they say they have "GAS" or they are GASSIN for something. What does it stand for? I thought it might be "Gui**r Acquisition Syndrome" but that can't be it. Then it would be BGAS. Just wondering............

Maybe it's what you get when you eat lots of carrots. :eek:

2. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    You're almost right. The G is for Gear.

3. Yes, it's an expression used by those who have trouble driving cars with standard transmissions.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :p :D

5. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    :D

Thanks guys! I didn't think of Gear. Makes sense now. I must admit I'm GASSIN for an Ampeg B2R when the budget allows. It would be the first small step to getting a decent rig.

Thanks again...

6. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ok ill make it easy on you man, so these guys stop busting your balls its....

Gear Acquisition Syndrome GAS for sort

7. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    oh i geuss i was a moment to late you got it

8. so what do you guys have GAS for?:D :D

9. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I thought about this post for a while before I posted it because I figured I'd get razzed about it but I've seen pretty dumb questions answered with respect and humor. That's why I keep comin' back!

I needed a manual for a Boss Synth pedal a couple of weeks ago and a guy from Canada that posts on this board sent me his. (I'm making those copies and will send it back to you shortly ConU) Lots of good people here! :cool:

10. yea cuz we're fellow bass players!

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    we should make a petition to add it to the dictionary (It worked for "Bling Bling"! :rolleyes: )

And of course, the talkbass logo next to it... this site is a FREAKIN` GAS TRAMP!!

12. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    .......it's evil, that's what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.