Whats Happend to Rodney Dangerfield?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Ive been hearing stuff about him being in a coma, I cant find nothing about it online, without wading through **** , Some one tell me that the big guy is ok?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    He has had some health issues in the last few years. The last time I saw him, it seemed as if he had suffered a stroke. He did not look good. I also have heard that he was suffering from the effects of something akin to a clogged artery in his brain. I may be a victim of scuttlebutt, though.
  3. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  4. Well he's old.

He had a good life.

I think... :ninja:
  5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    From what I've heart that I remember, He went into the hospital for surgery (and being Mr. Dangerfield his coment as he entered was "Well, if everything goes well I'll be in the hospital for about a week. If things don't go well I'll be in for about an hour and a half.") After the surgery they usually keep you in a coma like state for a bit but he has not come out of it. His wife came out a few days ago and told the public of his condition, but I haven't heard anything since.

Here's to hoping things work out for him!
  6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    See, that's what I want to be like when I'm older. I want to be able to make jokes even when I'm facing possible death. :eyebrow: :)
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow! His wife was in a coma too?! That's some hardcore surgery!

har har

brad cook
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Brad, you're an inspiration to Don't_Fret. :p
  9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    He is a washed up old fart and he is going to die. Get over it.

/no respect
  10. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Re: Dangerfield
    Last I read he wears a bath robe all day and smokes multiple joints. At that age, I could only aspire to such lofty heights...
  11. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    thats right... he was cought at hospitals smoking a joint... i remember that... :D
  12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  13. ZonMaster

Jun 18, 2004
    maybe Kansas
    I saw an interview with him sometime last year. I'm pretty sure it was on The Daily Show. He was pretty bitter, not so funny, looked down on Jon, and didn't get the whole "Comedy Central" thing. He could have gotten sick after Caddyshack as far as I'm concerned.
  14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Classy... :rollno:
  15. ZonMaster

Jun 18, 2004
    maybe Kansas
    Well, hey, when in Rome... I guess I couldn't tell by the other honest posts that this was a "high-brow" thread. :bassist: I'm just not a Dangerfield fan, that's all. Try not to read too much into it. I don't REALLY wish hardship on anyone... :rolleyes: