Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats happened to my SVT-2 (not pro)?????HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My svt2 turnes on but the tubes won't come on:( . I can here the fan come on and all the tubes look to be in working order(none are blown) but for some reason I can't get them to come on. I'm not sure if there are fuses somewhere inside that can be replaced since there not a place for them on the back like most amps. The guy I bought this from a month ago told me his drummer put a load of 2.66 ohms into a 4 ohm only channel :rolleyes: and it no longer would work for him but as soon as I recieved it I plugged it in and it came on and worked fine. I thought something like that would have blown the tubes but they were fine. Is there something lse it could have blown???:confused: :(

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If you mean the tubes don't light up at all and there are no fuses on the back panel, check for a circuit breaker!

The original SVT circuits (not sure about the SVT-2) were designed to disconnect the tubes from the power supply in an emergency by blowing out a low wattage resistor connected in series with the high voltage.

Sounds like a trip to the shop is in order, especially since it seems to be in a state of working intermittently.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    DAM!!!!!:mad: :( :rolleyes: ...........Thanx alot though brian, even though I was hopeing that it might be something I could fix. Oh, well.