Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats Hz got to do with it? who needs a string when a string can be detuned..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MadPink, Dec 14, 2001.

1. yes, I was just wondering what the different hz settings do on a tunner? On the one I have they range from 438 to 445. I have no idea why they're there and what Im suppose to do with them. Please tell me. Thanks

2. Bassmouse3

Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    It's meant to be way to finetune A440 hertz, which is THE base for all other notes... For most people this is useless, but some classical music folks hear music a bit differently, theres a pretty well known (his name escapes me at the moment) conductor, who demands that an orchestra tunes to A442 before playing with him, otherwise the orchestra sounds out of tune to him... Talk about perfect pitch!!! Anyways, it still seems to be a useless feature, I have yet to see a classical musician using a tuner... Nevermind me, I'm just rambling!
    Best Regards, Bassmouse3

3. There are several instruments that cannot be tuned very quickly, like a piano. You tune your tuner to the piano by adjusting the tuner's reference, and then tune all tuneable instruments with that corrected reference.