Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats is the best bass line from a christian band?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nadiasman, Sep 7, 2000.

1. nadiasman

nadiasman

Sep 5, 2000
    What do you guys think is the best bass riff in a christian song? I say, Deeper, by John Thatcher, from Deliriou5?

2. I think it would be from this band named "The Crucified" which had Mark Soloman in it (now in the band Stavesacre) they had this really kool bass riff in this one song entitled "DieHard". Delirious' bassist is a bit strange, saw them in concert once. He did play well but I don't think it's the best Christian riff ever.

3. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Ergo--
    Where did the toothnnail in your hotmail address come from?

Chris A.:rolleyes:

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Ergo,
    You're kiddin' me. I cut a record for a band on that label back in '94!! Small World.

5. LeftyBass

LeftyBass

Jul 20, 2000
    The best bass line in christian music at this time is the lick from Prism by PAX217. The song starts with the guitarist wailing on this fast crazy riff that's pretty cool for guitar... then when the song get's really going, the bass takes it up and it becomes awsome. Check it out, ya'll. It's a cool song.

6. Lefty,
    Isn't that the song where the drummer yells out "1,3,2,4", I love that part. Chris A, What band was it? They've been around since 93 with the release of Wish for Eden - Pet the Fish.

7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Ergo-
    I played on Everdown's first record, Sicken. It's a shame the guys aren't playing together anymore. They're all good friends and asked me to do the record after their bass player left. They asked me to join the band, but their style and mine are just too different. But cutting the record was a blast!

8. seville8

seville8

Sep 8, 2000
    Virginia
    I think one of the best Christian Bass lines is by Dakoda Motor Company..The song is "Stand Up"..It is a real nice funky line..Has anyone heard it?

9. Everdown rocks. I own that cd Sicken, is your name in the insert? Ya, I know what you mean by style, the whole cd has massive guitar riffs. It sounds like people smashing guitars all the time

10. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Ergo--
    Yeah, I'm in there! I have some thank yous an stuff, but I'm not in the pictures. The record company guy wouldn't let me in the pictures, cause I wasn't part of the official band.

11. Yea, I see it. It's hard to distinguish between you and Chris the drummer though. It is a pretty good cd, I bought it at a pawn shop after listening to their second cd, which is great, although I don't own it. I guess I'll have to change my favorite Christian bassline to Everdown -"Sufferman", hehe. I doubt seriously that many people own this cd. Except for me and my friend.

12. Bop

Bop

Sep 10, 2000
    there is this awesome bass riff on song 12 of and old POD cd. the one before southtown. I've never seen it in stores but I got the cd from a friend of a friend of a friend who has a cd burner. I don't even know what the cd is called but it is in my opinion much better than southtown. but anyway the song ends at like 6 min. and then the bassist just goes at it with this slap riff and then the song is over just like that.

13. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Thanks Ergo!!

I should pull that CD out. I played it for a couple of my students last year. They thought I was lying!

14. Why do you play country music now? I read about it at the Everdown info site. I just think that once people play "hard music" they usually stay at it. The POD album was probably "Snuff the Punk".

15. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Ergo-
    That site hasn't been updated in quite a while! I did/do play with a country singer, but he's in Nashville currently trying to make it. The whole band that backs him are not country players so it gives his music a bit of an edge.

16. I don't remember what album it was,actually it was on vinyl(sp?). The song was called " The Incredible Earth".It was very Zeppelinesque.I don't even know the name of that bass player for Daniel Amos.Are you dudes familiar with a band calle 'Dear Ephesus'?They had a bassist named Louis DeFabrizio(sp?).He was amazing.I had the priviledge of touring with him when both of our bands were on the Bulletproof label.Their whole album "The Consolation of Pianissimo" is full of Louis's work.If you get a chance,check it out.

17. My dad remembers Daniel Amos, he's been into Christian music since the get go. That's how he makes his money off of ebay, he sells old Rare Christian Cd's.

18. If your dad remembers the bass players name and any other information,I'd like to know.DA was very talented and underrated.
    Thanks!!

19. I could look for you if you like, I know he's got some of his cds somewhere.