1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what's it gonna take

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ryan morris, Oct 6, 2001.

1. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ok, i am looking for a few difft. effects but i'd love to find one all inclusive one. i pretty much play blues/funk/rock type stuff. my tone goal is almost any recording of les claypool and geddy lee. like an overall tone. i want something out front that says i'm the man. i would kind of like to use this effect to bring out my bass. i would also like it to even out the highs and all of that goodness. it would be super cool if the effect also did a good envelope type of sound. i'd also like a small distortion. should i just buy a sans amp, an ebs bass iq, and some distortion pedal, or is there something better out there for me? thanks, ryan

2. get a sansamp! really beefs up your tone, you can dial in some tube-like overdrive if you desire. at least try one out.

3. PSA-1 or Bass Driver DI, Geddy Lee used the PSA-1 on almost all of the tracks on his solo album It gets great clean sounds too.