1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's it worth: Fender Bassman 300 Pro head....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thedude77md, Feb 24, 2008.

1. I can't find any on the used market or recently completed on eBay.

Any advice on what is a reasonable price for one?

I am thinking $1000 is reasonable- these are great amps, evidenced by the fact that you see so few of 'em for sale used. Who knows, I may be off there.

I appreciate the help my fellow gear nerds! :bassist:

2. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Nah, ~$500 is more fair.

3. Ha!! Its a great head, easily the best sounding I've used. The only problem is the size. I can deal with the weight part but the footprint is huge- it won't even fit on top of some cabinets, depth or width wise. There have been too many near incidents on cramped stages b/c of it and its not worth it anymore.

I "downgraded" to an early 80's MTI era Ampeg SVT.... still a beast weight wise but at least it has a standard footprint.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Wont cost ya nothing to try CL first, hopefully you'll end up skipping the whole
    percentage to ebay/ packing/shipping/possible-damage/buyers remorse and bad feedback thing.

(not that I'm bitter or anything... :rollno:

5. Make a wooden "seat" for it to sit on. thats what I did with a tube amp I had that was too large for the cab. Put some hard foam feet & "bob's yer uncle"

6. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    The most I've ever seen one go for used is about $875. If it was dead mint you should be able to get about $900 out of it. I don't think you'll ever see $1000.

7. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I got a little over a $1000 when I sold my Sunn 300T last July on ebay. It was near mint with one year old TungSol 6550's.

8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If anyone would like to know why their post was edited or deleted please PM me.

9. Thanks all of you. Now I gotta think of ways to avoid having to sell it. I really don;t want to but GAS got the better of me.

Rodl, your seat suggestion is a good idea!

10. Man I just made a piece of ply the right size for the Amp, then cut out some packing foam(the stiff, white, bubbly stuff-that can be easily cut & sculpted) so that it sat at the right size for my MUCH smaller cab. All went well after that.

11. Does'nt worry me that its a little to big, you should hear the beast.

Try finding a cab that it won't nearly blow apart at half volume! Now thats a real concern..

12. bassermaniac

bassermaniac

Jun 30, 2007
    well i paid over 2000 euros for mine,so 1000$ is reasonable i must say.Anyway you won't regret it man.
    All you need then is one (or two) big cabs!