Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's it worth if ya don't put it out there

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I often record stuff that isn't exactly "me" and it hides in my drawers. I had a bad day today, a gig cancellation, and nothing to do - so I did this....

It's just a demo and was more a practice project for me to learn to use my new 8-track ZOOM than anything else, but I'm puttin it out there. If you like it take it and enjoy it. If you hate hate it move onto the next thread. :) I'm gonna start gettin naked around here...

www.thenerve.info/joenerve

Do you hide music? If so, I say post it here!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Give me 3 city blocks, and a purple velvet suit.

Because I feel like STRUTTIN'!

3. that was really cool, you should record a nice, long, mild bass solo over the whole thing that flows well with it, and then you got something amazing. i liked it. i'm bookmarking it. good job. was it all you or was it a band?

4. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    i agree with the bass solo throughout. with 8 tracks there's only so much i can do though without getting nuts bouncing. i want to record on that (the ZOOM), dump it into my computer and then learn to use some of the software I have in here. i've got a lot too.

that's all me - i used to play guitar, one day i'll learn to sing. :) programming drums just takes patience.

5. no way, those vocals were good. great song. is it a cover of the original "Hey Joe" or is it just a coincidence?

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    thanks. it's not a cover, it's my being tired of people sayin to me "hey joe, where ya going with that gun..." now i've got my own "hey joe".

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    So.. Hey Joe, Where you going with that gun in your hand?

:bag:

8. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    ...goin down to shoot my old buddy. caught him messin round in another thread.

9. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    I really really like this, it's lovely =)

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Can You dig it? I can dig it!

:bassist:

11. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I can dig it.

12. crank the bass up a lot. good bass. solo on bass during some of the parts without vocals, that would be so cool.

13. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Seriously Joe, it's shocking. You see people posts on a message board and from to time some of them post the latest thing they've done. I'd be lying if I said I was consistently impressed. This on the other hand is pretty damn cool. If this is just putzing around and such, I would hate to hear the real thing. Might make me jealous beyond repair...

As for you vocals, don't sell yourself short. I think they're something else in a good way. They have a trippy Tom Petty quality to them. I dig it.

14. they remind me of Thom Yorke (Radiohead), which is very good.