Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whats it worth warwickstreamer lx

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mingustoo, Sep 5, 2002.

1. what do you guys think this is worth: 1997 warwick streamer lx 5. wenge nec, bubinga (he says) body. mec j pickups, brass nut, one piece bridge. straplocks. clean except for buckle mark on back.
    also, whats the scoop on bubinga? whats it look like? and what are the characteristics.
    also, what is the square root of pi? to twenty seven digits. thanks

2. $1,000

3. 1.77245385090551602729816748 ;)

4. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    I didn't know that LX's were ever made in bubinga. When did they make it out of bubinga, and when did they stop? It sounds like it would be a really nice instrument, but how would the 5 string version differ from an active Corvette? I really love my LX (maple body) and one of the things I love most is its ability to be slapped to hell and back with the most beautiful slap sound. I'm not sure you'd get that with a bubinga body, as I find that bubinga is warmer and less bright, where maple is really punchy. Good luck either way, and I'd pay more than 1000 if it was REALLY nice, but play it first, see how you like it, and report to us.

5. i think it acually is maple. there is a picture of a bubinga above and the one im lookin at is a lot lighter looking. also the grain is thicker. i will go play it again and offer around 700 us and see what the shop says. in taiwan no one buys used equipment so maybe i will get lucky. i will keep posted