1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats my Squier Precision 20th Anniversary worth ? selling it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davyo, May 11, 2010.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I was wanting to thin the heard and cant figure a price to ask for my Silver Metalic Squier Precision 20th Anniversary,,,, not sure if this is a rare bass or not but I know I have never seen a Squier like this before,,,, its new as well,,, still has the plastic film over the PG and the pups, I got it off a guy that bought it new and stored it,,,, I got it from him and stored it,,, perhaps I should try and sell it to someone that just want to put in storage :rolleyes:

Any ideas on what I should be selling it for on Craigs or eBay,, or if anybody here wants it, PM me,,,, but you can only buy it if you never play it.

Cheers
    Davyo
    2mo8nkg.
    20p292d.
    aovpzm.

2. I saw a used one on ebay get more then 100$ a few months back, people wont really pay that much more for it because of the finish but it is sweet. You could probably egt 150$ to the right person, i like it.

The thing is new affinitys are 150-200$ but there not in that sweet color.

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    i like it too but i would want to play it. i couldnt just store it

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    What year is the 20th anniversary? In other words, are we looking at a bass that is celebrating 20 years of Squier P-basses, or what? I am ignorant about this instrument.

Squire has been making P-basses since 1978 or so, no? I B Kornfewzed...

5. Jim squiers have been around since 1982 so i guessing 20th anniversary means 2002, this one is special because they usually dont have black hardware, silver finish and mathcing headstocks. Basically its there cheapest bass made to look fancy, i dig it.

I had there 20th anniversary bullet strat it was orange with black hardware and 1 humbucker i bought it used for 40$, i dont think these anniversary models are worth that much but i would not take less then 100$ that thing is sweet looking.

6. queevil

queevil

Aug 6, 2009
    Waco,TX
    I'll give ya $20 for it.

7. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Yea, Im guessing it would be a 2002 as well.

I bought it years ago,,,, forgot what I paid for it,,,, Im bummed to hear it really aint worth more than the average run of the mill Squier Affinity.

20 bucks,,, let me think about it,,,,,,,,,,,, thinking,,,,,,, thinking,,,,,,,,,, thinking,,,,,,,,, thought about it,,,,,, no.

But thanks for the offer :smug:

Cheers
    Davyo

8. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    IIRC,The "whats is my bass worth" threads are not allowed under the rules. Might ought to check with a moderator. Any sale ads have to be in the classifieds.

9. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    :eyebrow::rollno::scowl:

10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I never saw one of those. I think the color adds to the value. I'd hold onto it because I have a very good feeling in a couple of years it will be worth more than people are saying it is now. I personally think it's worth more than that already. If you sold it for a hundred, I and I believe many others would take it without a second thought.

11. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Ive seen tons of threads on here asking for advice or opinions on what a bass is worth either for buying or selling.

Yes,, I know sale ads go in the classifieds,,,, Im not tring to sell it here,,, Im just not sure of the price to list it for when I list it on Craigslist, eBay or in the classifieds here.

I dont think I am breaking any rules by asking for help as I have seen many others do here in the past.

Davyo

12. No rules broken, you just have to be a supporting member to ask, which he is

13. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I bought a left-handed 20th Anniversary Squier P-Bass Special(with P/J pickups) a couple weeks back for $179.00.
    squiers002.

14. Rilander

Rilander

Apr 13, 2010
    Tampa Florida
    why not keep it? it looks cool as hell. does it play good? even if you could get 300$ for it i would keep it it's kind of rare with that paint job

15. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Yes, it is a very nice looking bass and the pictures dont do it justice.

Selling it cuz I just own to many bass's and this is one of the ones that never gets used,,,, it does play good but I prefure a Jazz bass neck over a P bass neck so I always use my P-bass specials w/jazz necks.

Cheers
    Davyo

16. ladysquier

ladysquier

Jan 20, 2012
    GAH i've been all over the interwebz and this is the only replica of my bass i've found.
    i bought it at a used musical instruments store in arizona for $170, i think, in the summer of 2007.
    i haven't been able to bring myself to sell it. it's just so pretty. it plays like a fender too.

17. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    cool story bro...

18. LowNotes1

LowNotes1

Jun 8, 2008
    My son had one of those but sold it. Can't remember how much he got for it; I'll check with him later and post back here if he can recall the price.

19. I'd give substantially more than 100 for it if it played well because of the color. Looks sick.

20. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    I have one in Black Sparkle,picked it up here for $50,unloaded. Because it's of Squier's Affinity line,you'd probably get more for it on CL or the 'Bay than you could here,BUT..it IS in excellent shape and a pretty sweet color w/matching headstock,sooo...