Whats next?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sutton, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    So, I recently, completed all the "Must Haves" for my Rack. Its a 6 Unit Rack, and it has these things, in the following order:

Furman RP-8L
    Korg DTR-1000
    Raxxess Blank Panel (2 Units)
    Kustom Groove Bass 1200 (2 Units)

All of this sits ontop of a Avatar B212

I'd like to get rid of the rack panel sometime, but I'm not sure hwat I should get. Do I really need any compressors/limiters? I wouldnt mind getting a sonic maximizer. If you have any recommendations on what I should look into, let me know, and if its not too much trouble, please explain what they do. Thanks.
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    IMO, don't get anything else if you don't need it. Its like too much spices spoiling the soup. One time I got an Aphex exciter just to fill in an empty rack space. After many months, there was something in my tone I didn't quite like, and had a problem EQ'ing out. On a whim I took the exciter out of my system, and there it was, my clean tone back, without the annoying overtone. More is not always better.
  3. Get a funklogic panel or a decibel reader. Anything with either:

A) Lots and lots and lots of lights
    B) Lots and lots of knobs.
  4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    what about a rack drawer? They're kinda convenient/handy

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    How 'bout a wireless unit??? I have an AKG WSMDV40 Guitar bug system that is great. No droputs, low B faithfully reproduced (as long as I have strong batteries).

I didn't realize how much fun my guitarist was having playing "out there" in front of tha honies until I got mine! I can even serenade my wife when she comes out and becomes a groupie for the evening :D
  6. Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    A smaller rackcase :eyebrow:
  7. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I was considering that, something to keep extra cables and my pedals in

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just checked out funklogic. I understand the premise,and it's pretty funny, but I see devices behind the panels...what are those?