Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's on YOUR bass guitar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGoddess28, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Hey bassists! What's on your bass? I have stickers of bands and letter stickers spelling out funny stuff all over my Peavey Fury Bass! The Fender MusicMaster only has a Cobra sticker on it, while the Washburn Lyon has NOTHING on it...

2. My peavy fury has "7 YEAR BITCH" carved into the back of it, I didnt do it tho. My Conklin has pickups, 4 knobs, a neck, a bridge, 5 tuners and a strap :D

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    mine has "misc" and "frepost" carved on the front.

i was thinking about doing a political motif with stickers on the body. then i remembered i wouldnt be able to post it in basses and i'd have to use the lobby so i figured i'd just paint it white and call it a day.

4. Sweat and fingerprints.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    5 years worth of beeswax

6. Nothing on the Rick, but the Squire is a work in progress. Watt sticker near the pick-ups (with a nice blood splatter from a burst blister, my favorite) , "this machine kills fascists" home-made sticker, a few other stickers folks have given me, and a few dings and nicks from various drunken accidents.

7. Riiiiiight now, a Guinness bar-cloth thing (y'know the one, it goes under the pints on the bar) 'cos I'm boredly cleaning off todays fingermarks.

And no stickers, ever, on my basses.

8. About five years worth of funk and accumulated crap.

9. DITTO, I think putting stickers on a bass is ruining it, Unless you need to cover a humongous scratch. Ever tried taking stickers off of a bass before? Its quite messy, Some of the goo will never come off even after 24 hours of scrubbing.

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Strings.

11. Unfortuantly, I have, that's why I don't do it any more...

12. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    ever heard of wd40? or maybe some lemon oil? im sure you're not talking about taking the stickers of your old fodera so i doubt wd40 is gonna hurt, and hey it will make your room smell nice.

13. I use WD40 loads, but I've never thought about using it like that before....

Whatever, that was a bass I let go of long ago.

14. I stapled a baby's arm to it. I'm hardcore.

15. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    gotta love baby jokes! i'd love to post some but i dont think that would go over so well. oh yeah just to stay on topic...... pickguard.

16. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    EyE aM mOrE hArDcOrE tHeN j00 cOs eYe nAiL-gUnNeD thE lEg oF An aDuLt hOg to mY bAsS!!!

17. I dont have a Fodera. And yes I eventually got the crap off with some Goo-gone. But still, waste of stickers. You can go and put them on stop signs and no loitering signs instead ; )

18. my bass has wax on it.

19. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I have a booger on my bass..for when I am hungry.

20. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    mostly paint