Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's so bad about TB?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 7, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i go to school today, try to log on to TB as usual, and i find out that the network administrator blocked TB from all the schools computers....its not like we show adult content or drugs or anything like that...

....i just don't understand why a good like TB needs to be blocked...:(

bp13

2. It's the system man...designed specifically to indoctrinate you and assimliate you and disassemble you to your lowest common denominator. It's a vast plot against the bottom end community perpetuated by needlessly greedy instrumentalists. My suggestion is to rally around the family with a pocket full of shells.

3. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    Exactly!!

.....or...you could tell yon bass-hater administrator that this site rocks for the good lord and if it remains blocked he shall be smote by many a bassist.
    that'll learn him.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i go to a public school, that will give him MORE reason to keep it blocked....separation of church and state

bp13

5. damn the man.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "We just wanna ride our Harleys without being hassled by the man!"

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Dude, what in the hell is your problem?! Jeez, is this Peter Duncan?

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    JWC has my vote.

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    yeah, PD was much more classy than Mike Money.

10. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK!

11. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    ditto

12. tritto

i'm gonna start using that..."tritto."
    i mean, "di" is the prefix for two, so "ditto" is what you say second. so, since "tri" is the prefix for three, wouldn't you say "tritto" for the thid time?

i'm not crazy.

13. Talk bass is cool. We all know this. I know it sooo much that I will be sending in money to become a member soon. Maybe you should tell them that fishing is really about nature, and being one with... oh... wrong talkbass.

14. Or maybe you are...after all you're one of the millions of people living as foes. Still...I hope it's not to learn how to love and for all of us to forget how to hate. But with all these mental wounds that aren't healing, I mean, life's a bitter shame.

Sometimes I just feel like I'm going off the rails on a crazy train.

We gotta take the power back, y'all....Ninja Style!!

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why don't you politely ask him why he blocked it? Maybe if he has a lame reason you could convince him otherwise. Maybe he has some misconception about TB. Maybe he really hates Orlando Wilson and thinks this is a a bass (as in rhymes with "ass") site. Maybe you've been skipping class to read TB too much.

brad cook

16. :p i <3 you, will
    *adds BigWig Will to "hero" list*

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmm...every so often at my school(where I do 95% of my Teebing). I'll try to load a page at Talkbass and it says that the page is blocked and a message appears written by hte system admin(preset message) that tells me what to do if it was blocked incorrectly...i just click on the refresh button a few more times and it loads.

18. In public schools, They do a usual check of the network and see what sites have been visited. If they find a site that is not related to school in anyway that has been visited alot, they will lock it. I know how to evade the school's network blocker majigi, but you probably have a different network than we do at my school.

19. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The Matrix has you.

20. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    That gets my vote. I mean if it was an accident or something then there's no point in getting all angry and making the admin all defensive.