1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats so good about Sadowsky!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Name Changed, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    Hey guys,
    Me and my dad have yet to have a single Sad in our arsenal and i have played a new Sad five string and dont see whats so good about them really compared to other bass around that price range. so my question is why are Sads seem to be so popular on talkbass? i have heard of them on here like a thousand times every time im on. SO POST UP SOME DETAILS OF WHAT MAKES YOU GUYS APPEAL TO SADS SO MUCH. THANKS!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :help:

2. 1stOfficerRiker

1stOfficerRiker Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I don't have one, but have borrowed one for several weeks while mine was on repair. They're great playing and are a very well finished product. If you want a high end bass in that price range check out the Warrior's at www.warriorinstruments.com before you buy anything.

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Taste is subjective. Having played one, I was quite impressed. Well made, well setup from the factory, great tone. Great customer service, too, from what I hear.

BTW, I've noticed that you've mentioned the "arsenal" a few times. I would love to see some pictures if you have some.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If the ultimate J tone isn't your thing, then you're not gonna like them. To each his own.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    nice to see you changed your name.
    Sadowskys are the Holy Grail to some, a good bass for others. We all have our favorites. I have owned a Sadowsky, a Tokyo- it was a very fine bass, but I am hopeless F bass guy... others won't play anything BUT Sadowsky.. it's been discussed to fathom depths on this forum.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What IS your ideal bass then? If it's not a Sadowsky, that's fine, but I personally find the fit and finish to be impeccable, and the playability and tone to be absolutely divine. If you don't like it, it's your choice.

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

You've tried one and didnt like it? Ok. Not the right bass for you. You want us to convince you otherwise?

Rob

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I have never owned one but heard that they are perhaps the best high end Fender styled (body shape anyhow...) bass available. Fit and finish look awesome.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    "Me and my dad". Hmmm...do you think there is a chance Nick The Bassist emigrated to Florida?:D

10. Mabis2012

Mabis2012

Mar 25, 2006
    i think the ultimate j tone comes from a fender jazz bass, especially the 70s or older models which are also a great investment. to my ears Sadowskys sound closer to modern thru necks to fenders, especially with that scooped preamp, cant get any bite out of my sadowsky. but if you want a fender tone best go with a fender, logical right?;)

11. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I'll say this for sure. I've NEVER seen a Sadowsky spontaniously explode on stage, spontaneously combust, or spontaneously erupt like a volcano. So while definately a hardy bass, it's probably hard to be spontaneous on a Sadowsky. :(

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Can't get any bite out of your Sadowsky? When did you get one?
    You were bashing them just a few weeks ago.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    wow, is it that time of the week already :rolleyes:

14. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX

Sadowsky single coil pickups provide a lot of bite compared to the scooped mids of their humcancelling PU's IMO.

These "why Sadowsky" threads seem to appear a lot - you either like them or you don't. It's all a matter of opinion and personal taste. I like them and currently own one, but I can't justify that to someone who already doesn't like them no matter what specific info I provide.

15. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

LOL James, Tuesday brings out the trolls I guess

Rob

16. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    "Hey guys,
    Me and my dad have yet to have a single Sad in our arsenal and i have played a new Sad five string and dont see whats so good about them really compared to other bass around that price range. so my question is why are Sads seem to be so popular on talkbass? i have heard of them on here like a thousand times every time im on. SO POST UP SOME DETAILS OF WHAT MAKES YOU GUYS APPEAL TO SADS SO MUCH. THANKS"

Hmmm.....a few periods, commas and less caps would have gone a long way. I say if you don't like it, don't buy it or wonder why other people do.

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I like Sadowsky's. :)

18. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Central Coast, CA
    me too.

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    ok, my .02 have been given... time to unsubscribe, but not before i say hello to Major Metal and Bikeplate! hi, fellas!
    ( hey, Bikeplate.. i trust YOU !;) )

20. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

LOL, A Glad you are feeling ok. I might be in Vegas in the fall. Wanna check out a show. I'll keep you updated

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.