What's so good about Talkbass???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by purfektstranger, May 6, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I think it starts with the people. Those who run and monitor the site, and of course the faithful who visit it as often as we can.

What else???
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The Blue & White Color scheme.
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003

Blue and white rocks :bassist:
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ

And posting things in the right place ;)
  5. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Should have be in misc right? Can you shift it please???

6. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    For me it's the ability to access tons of information and raport with fellow bassists and lovers of tha craft and its instruments, the ability to raport with famous and upcoming luthiers. No other sites compare. :)
  7. This sounds like a suck up forum and should probably be in Misc or Off Topic but I'll bite, its about the people who all share something in common expressing views, strengths and their love for the best damn instrument on planet earth; the bass.
  8. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    No suck up intended and yeah it should have gone in misc.
    Curious to why this site seems to have the edge over other bass resource related sites is all.
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No worries, just being lighthearted. I reported this thread as being in the wrong forum, maybe a Basses mod can move it (I can't)

Anyway, why this one has the edge: a lot of great people, a great bunch of moderators (not to blow my own horn) and a huge wealth of knowledge. Everyone's willing to lend a helping hand realizing this is a brotherhood around the world.
  10. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Its got to be this smiley: :bag:
  11. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Indeed....INDEED! :smug:
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    To buggery with those.
  13. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    All the Hot Chicks that hang here and talk dirty.
  14. yomchi247

Sep 6, 2004
    the passing of knowledge to people you never met, and probably never will
  15. ironfist

Feb 5, 2000
    It's the best forum for bass guitar information I've found. The vast membership, the luthiers, etc. I'm a member of other forums as well (Harmony Central Bass Forum, ebassist) and each of those have their own unique qualities. When I want hardcore bass-related info I come to talk bass. When I want to talk about anything under the sun and get into heated arguments with other bassists, I go to HCBF. When I want a 'local pub' type atmosphere were bassists can hang around and chat and be friendly I go to ebassist.
  16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the free lap dances.
  17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Definitely the Bass Babes thread here in Misc.
  18. +1!

That's the only 70+ page thread I've ever read and with good reason. Basses and hotties in the same place? And pictures too... not just some dirty article. Mmmmmmmm bass babes.....

19. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Fixed it for 'ya.