1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's so special about the Fender "POWER JAZZ"? Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Dec 19, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    Deluxe Series instruments are “hot-rodded” basses for players who prefer the look and feel of traditional instruments but need more horsepower under the hood. Our new Power Jazz Bass guitar’s four-saddle piezo Fishman┬« Power Bridge is an additional example of how Deluxe Series basses give you more boom for your buck.

With more tonal variations than ever before, the Power Jazz Bass puts more power at your fingertips with two standard Jazz Bass single-coil pickups and the aforementioned four-saddle piezo (for acoustic/electric tones). Other features include independent volume controls for precise blending of the pickups, an alder body with Two-color Sunburst finish, modern C-shaped maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, vintage-style Jazz Bass control knobs and chrome hardware.

I don't get it? What are they trying to say here? What is it suppose to do? By the way, the The Active Jazz is simply amazing!!! I didn't see the power jazz though :scowl:

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    It has a piezo bridge....more tonal variations. You don't see alot of jazz basses with piezo pups stock.

3. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I thought the pups is stock and the bridge is piezo. What are they talking about with the electric acoustic tones? It's a jazz bass....:confused:

4. Do you know what a piezo bridge is?

Its the same type of pickups used in some acoustic/upright/hollow body basses. Piezo is a type of pickup. Its built into the bridge.

5. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I didn't know that! See, this is why I love talkbass!Always learning something!!! Thanks! I was so ignorant of that! Sorry!

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    !

;)

7. No problem. ;)