What's something easy to cook?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Feb 11, 2006.

1. duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Keep in mind that I'm 15, it's 1:41 AM, and I have no idea what kind of cooking materials my aunt has. All I know is that I'm hungry and I like to cook. :p also, if possible, try to recommend something that goes down easy. I have something similiar to strep throat right now, so rusty nails and sand paper wouldn't be doing me much good now, would it? Thanks in advance!
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    What does she have? Soup? Eggs? Noddles? Rice? give me something to work with here.
  3. 2 minute noodles! just mix a bit of peanut butter in there and its like beef satay noodles .... uni student style :p
  4. just curious whether toasted cheese sandwiches are big in america - great snack anytime of the day and wide range of variations on filling.
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Grilled cheese sandwiches are. Throw some butter in the pan, a little salt, and you're good to go. My wife likes them toasted- it always feels weird to me to shove one in the toaster to cook it.
  6. in australia the majority of toasted cheese asnwhiches are cooked in an appliance somewhat akin to a waffle maker or pie maker etc. ie. wait for machine to heat up, put one slice of buttered bread in (buttered side down), cheese on top of bread, then another slice of buttered bread on top of cheese (buttered side up).
    people put all kinds of stuff in there with or with the cheese as well: baked beens, ham, tomato, jam, vegimite, honey, salami. whatever seems like a good idea at the time basically
  7. Pasta. It's easy, it's filling, it's delicious. Just boil water, drop some pasta in it, and stir. 15-20 minutes and it's done.

Grilled Cheese is amazing.
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Grilled cheese is money.
    Also if you have a waffle iron and some pancake mix or bisquick and some milk you've got it made.
  9. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    Boil water.

Insert hot dogs.

10. I used to make fried egg sandwiches. Cheese and some Tabasco and you're good to go. If you have some ham in the house...ooooo, la la!

Scrambled egg's too, with Tabasco of course.

+1 or grilled cheese.

Unfortunately I'm watching my cholesterol, so I can't eat that stuff anymore. :crying:

I used to call my fried egg sandwiches the "heart stopper" :D
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000

I usually just put onions and green peppers in mine.
  12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

i had my first bit of vegimite the other day, and HOLY CRAP, how do you eat that?! i mean, i'm all for tripe in black bean sauce, or blood sausage, but vegimite pushed me to my limits.
  13. sbocaj55

Feb 11, 2006
    Blacksburg, VA
    easy mac.

I live off that in college
  14. shanmag

Jul 27, 2005

i dont think i could live without vegemite!

is it actually available to buy over in the US or UK or anywhere?
  15. Well its availiable over here in a different form, called marmite, its nearly the same except a few ingridient.
    i love the stuff, i dip crackers into it and eat them, but my fav is a bacon, cheese and marmite toastie, mmm beautiful.

Go to http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/marmite.htm#otherbrands to find out more.
  16. liver mush and pinto beans. dont forget the boiled peanuts.
  17. Vegemite is just the Aussie version of Marmite. My dad's addicted to the stuff, I can't stand it. He's British though, and I guess he grew up with it.
  18. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Umm.. tortillas perhaps? Although you prolly won't have any tortilla bread or whatever it's called around.

Fry some minced meat in the pan, chop some lettuce and tomatoes, then wrap inside the tortilla shell with some chunky salsa sauce. Mm-mm.