1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats that brand name?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WavyGravy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. WavyGravy

WavyGravy

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hello, I'm trying to remember the name of that brand that makes the $175 basses made of Alder. They also have pickups for $30 dollars as I remember.

Can't for the life of me remember the name!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Lots of cheap basses out there made with alder. Essex (SX), Brice, Johnson,....etc?

3. WavyGravy

WavyGravy

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sorry, I should elaborate. It's not anything from rondo music. It was some company that recently started making P and J copies and they looked really nice. They had descriptions like "no phony woods here, just real alder and no ******* around" or some crazy stuff like that.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm...was it Xavier?

5. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
  6. WavyGravy

WavyGravy

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    YES! Finally, I've been looking for ever. Thanks

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Maybe, but at least you spelled it right :D

8. WavyGravy

WavyGravy

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    So whats the deal with these? Can I throw a Fender/Squier neck on em or will it be off? Anyone have any experience with these?

9. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Thanks! I have no problem taking credit for one of copy/paste's many benefits. :D

10. WavyGravy

WavyGravy

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks guys! Just ordered one. Still couldn't find any info on Fender necks fitting but whatever, if it doesn't its still a steal for the price.

Cheers.