What's that in the background?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by levis76, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Looking to get a small amp locally and this popped up on CL. My area has a lot of CL scammers so I'm always on high alert. Wondering what you guys think that thing on the step looks like. I won't be calling this guy.

Fender Bass Amplification Rumble 75

Feel free to turn this into a funny stuff in the background pics, CL or otherwise. Keep it within forum standards please.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    Not sure. What do you think it looks like?

Mike A and tekhedd like this.
  3. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Kinda looks like the barrel and wood grip of a gun. I'm sure it's not, but in Detroit you never know.

basspraiser and Aqualung60 like this.
  4. Steven Ayres

Steven Ayres Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Northern Arizona
    Probably the tip of an umbrella.

5. Looks like a combo screwdriver to me.

BassGreaser, ak56, Altitude and 17 others like this.
  6. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    It's not a gun.

7. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Definitely not a gun.

8. Photobassist

Photobassist

Dec 18, 2010
    Japan
    Not a gun.

Mike A, BluesWalker and GBassNorth like this.
  9. Session1969

Session1969 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    That would be an awfully short barrel for a gun with that kind of stalk , wouldn't it ?

spaz21387 likes this.
  10. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    so what if it is? I mean its not, but just saying.....

11. Whatever it is appears to be just in front of a fish tank. Possibly the pipe for a fish tank filter, with a black plastic sieve on the end to keep gunk from going up the pipe?

The reddish orange part might be part of the filter housing. The tank itself is dry, but not clean, and there's some gray gravel still heaped up around the bottom edges of the tank.

That's my best shot. I'm fresh out of jokes and funny pictures.

Paging Fat Freddy!

12. Lava

Lava Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    Double Bass endpin?

13. katalyzt13

katalyzt13 some dude

May 22, 2012
    Georgia
    If it was a gun does that make this deal unsafe or unsavory? I don't understand what you're getting at.

14. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    That would be my guess. An umbrella in some sort of stand.

Plutonium244, tlc1976 and Matthew_84 like this.
  15. This is my guess

16. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    I think we found Elmo

latest.jpeg

Brother Goose and MobileHolmes like this.
  17. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    Umbrella tip, screwdriver, or maybe the peg leg of Jimmy Hoffa (little known fact- Teamster President, but also seafaring pirate. True story).

Maybe go check it out, and report back. If it is Mr. Hoffa, please say hi (carefully).
    Do not make direct eye contact.
    With him or the parrot.

GregC, mikeyjm2 and Ewo like this.
  18. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    OMG - I do see something alarming in the photo that would absolutely put me off doing business with this Craigslist guy!

It's the word RUMBLE on the front of that Fender bass cab. Isn't rumble another word for fight! I'd be scared to meet this seller if I was carrying cash, he might try to fight me for it!;)

19. tlc1976

tlc1976

Aug 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Love a good puzzle.

I really don't think it's a fish tank. I can see the bit of side view which says it's some sort of dark wooden storage stand with shaped curved sides. The wood sides are usually about 3/4" thick on something like that, and going by scale, I think it's a screwdriver of some sort. In the left corner looks like some sort of folding tool like an angle gauge or something similar.

One thing I do notice is the house looks very clean and well kept. From what I see I would have no worries. Other than just the thought of going to Detroit to begin with, but many of us in northern Michigan are just that way.

Now you just gotta go get the amp and tell us what the object is. :)

20. Maybe it would be fun to ask the seller about the nature of the item in the background? Using a pseudonym, if that's allowed on CL, you could politely frame it as a question about furniture, specifically, you're also in the market for home furnishings, & that what-is-it in the background's intriguing.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.