Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whats that wood???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Sep 29, 2000.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

hey all

I have a Warwick catalog (I'm going to get me one of their basses soon), and in the wood section they show a wood they call Bois' Me'lange'.
    by the name of it and by the looks it's a laminated wood, looks like a maple and harewood or maple and bubinga or wenge.

if anyone ever played a bass made of this wood or knows what is it I would appreciate it if you post it here.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well if you translated that directly from French it would be "wood mixture" - and this probably answers the question. I presume this is used on the cheaper ranges?

3. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    thanks for your quick reply Bruce.

yeah it means wood mixture but I don't think it's a budget instruments' wood since it's a custom shop option and looks very classy if you ask me.

I got two pictures in hard copy of a streamer Jazzman made of this wood, I think I'll scan them and put it on the web and then maybe someone can tell me what woods is it made of.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The Streamer Jazzman is featured on their website, but with no mention of "Bois Melange" -it says swamp ash and flame maple. These are the pictures:

[​IMG]