What's The Bass of Your Dreams?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mykeindk, Nov 19, 2002.

1. mykeindk

Nov 18, 2002
    Mine would be a stand up bass, those things are big and i've always wanted to try one.
  2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'm very simple.
    My dream would be a Ken Smith BSR-J5. I really liked the anniversary model in the quilted wood with matching headstock. I'd be comlete and not care for anything else.
  3. mykeindk

Nov 18, 2002
    as a matter of fact.... has anyone played a stand up bass?:confused:
  4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Okay...I'm from Denmark....But what is a Stand up bass??...is it a Upright Bass??

Anyway...My dream bass would be a clone between a Tung and a Jens Ritter Bass...:)
  5. I'm not sure what my dream bass is. I'm still trying to figure that out.:)
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'd never be happy with just one. But my dream bass would be a Sadowsky Ultra-Vintage 5-string P-bass (an oxymoron, but I don't care).
  7. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    The ones I already have or the ones I lust for but have never played. I haven't been able to figure this one out yet. :confused: :D
  8. jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    I have ALOT of dreams........
  9. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Mine would be a DP custom, 35" 5string with mahogany wings, M/W/M neck, Tbird body style with one Bart MM pickup (totally passive....I think). One volume and one tone knob...that's it. Plain...simple and Rockin!

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Either my own Fodera, or a Fodera Emperor II with an Alder body, Walnut top(or maybe redwood burl), flame maple neck through, Ebony fingerboard with Abalone block inlays, and Seymour Duncan dual coils. Wouldn't that be sweet!
  11. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    You know, this reminds me. If I ever see one of the 20th Anniv. Smith neck-throughs, 6 string, charcoal quilt redwood, I will be sorely tempted. It was a 5-string version of the same that got me started down the high-end road when it popped up on Ebay a couple years ago.

There are lots of basses out there that are drool-worthy. But what I'm kicking around right now is the thought of a bolt-on fretted Hanewinckel 6.
  12. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    don't know. i only know that this one is the only bass that i'd buy instantly.

best color scheme for my favourite design.

i could accept this one too:

13. 4 of em:
    Custom lightwave basslab
    Passive PJ with prec.-width maple/maple neck and swamp ash body
    Active J with graphite prec.-width neck and swamp ash p style body
    Hanewinckel neck-through frettless fig.walnut,padauk,mahogany reactor body, wenge/bubinga/padauk neck
  14. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Fodera Matt Garrison Signature with Low B
  15. A 5-string Fender Jazz, black ash body, black pickguard, quilted maple neck with a black finish and matching headstock, maple fretboard with some pimped out block inlays. Nice!
  16. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Laklands, Fenders, Sadowskys.... if they are dream basses, you can imagine what they would be!

Maybe a Fodera here or there? :D

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I need a good rig more than I need another bass. But, an off rack Surf Green P-Bass with rosewood fretboard and Gold anodized pickguard. Plus a decent bass amp.

Most of all. The TIME to play and rehearse more.
  18. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I assume you're talking about a Double Bass (there is a forum for those here... you'll find LOTS of people who play there :p)

I played Double Bass from 8th-12th grade.
  19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

20. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I already own them, my Mike Lull M5 and M4V.