1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

What's the best 2 over all G&L's?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by drumbook, Jun 9, 2007.

1. drumbook

drumbook

May 20, 2006
    O.K., I've owned the L2K for awhile and now a Trib JB-2. Both are excellent in their own ways, though very different in many respects. Now I am kinda gassing for an SB-2, BUT I read here and have reason to believe the L1K is a great axe also as are many of the old time G&L's. I really want to get the collection down to 2 main axes so I ask, what am I missing not having a SB-2 or classic (no longer made) G&L??

2. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    IMHO, the only thing you're missing my not having an SB2 is a true Precision Bass sound.

The L1000 essentialy has the L2000 neck pickup with some different switching options, but it's possible to rewire an L2000 to sound the same. I think the L1500 has the pickup between where the L2000 pups would be, but it can't be that different. The L5000 or L5500 has soap bar pickups and would be more like a standard active bass.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021