What's the best 2Space Rack/Bag for under 100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Indi86, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Turns out my college jazz combo here is going to be gigging quite a bit, and I left my 4U rack at home, so I'm going to be needing some new, lightweight protection for my AG500. So as usual, a few questions and choices. Feel free to add others.

1. The 2Space SKB xrack
    2. The mesa walkabout bag (will it fit my larger amp?)
    3. The Gator 2U Rackbag
    4. The Aguilar 2U Rackbag

Thanks as always TB,

2. Any recommendations? Feel free to throw anything out at this point.
  3. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I use the Aggie 3 space bag with my AG500 and a tuner and like it very well. It's the only bag i've ever used though, so I can't compare it to any others.
  4. Does anyone make a shallow bag? That would seem to be ideal.
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I've been carring my Thunderfunk around for a few years in a rack bag of unknown origin, but recently got a Gator rack-bag from a fellow Talkbasser......the Gator bag is very nice, one of the better ones I've seen/used!!
  6. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How deep is that Gator Rackbag?
  7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I've had many rack bags and Gator is tops...
  8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Gator bag from Northern Sound and Light will be weeeellll under $100...like half that much.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the Xrack is quite light, and easy to carry around. dunno if it'll be deep enough tho.

never tried the mesa.

dunno the Gator.

i have the aguilar 4 space, and its quite nice. sturdy, lightweight, and has that gorgeous logo.

ones to avoid are the "RockBag", which is waaaay too heavy to be a gig bag, and the Prorec is also rather heavy, and strangely shallow.
  10. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have the skb shallow x rack 3U. I found one for $25 used in new condition. These are sturdy and I feel better than I would've with the rack bag. Which was my initial choice. It's lightweight, shallow, sturdy and cheap
  11. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    I love my gator racks (2x 2U cases to split up my amp and toys)

Locks feel great, very high quality.
  12. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Personally, I've had and still have both solid racks and rack bags and for <50 lbs heads, I still prefer a high quality rack bag (like the Gator). The outter soft padded absorbs shock unlike a rigid rack which transmits it to the head, plus I love having a pocket for cables, picks, batteries, etc. Again, this is just my opinion. I've owned Gator, SKB, etc products...
  13. Alright I've narrowed it down to the Aggie and Gator bags. Gator is cheaper, but I'm a gear snob and the Aggie.. matches. Anybody have any experience with both?
  14. I really like my SKB 2 space racks... very light, moderately priced, plenty of protection, plenty room in the back for cords, etc.