1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's the best amp for effects???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by T3H Bassist, Sep 28, 2008.

1. T3H Bassist

T3H Bassist

Sep 28, 2008
    What's a really good amp for bass only that can be really loud has good sound quality and can distort and change sounds.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm sorry, but you'll need to slow down and write out your thoughts more fully. It took me a few times reading through before I think I got what you're asking.

So, it sounds like you're asking for a recommendation of an amp that has effects built in. Any time you ask for a recommendation of anything, state how much money you can actually spend. "The best" of any bass gear can easily be in the thousands of dollars. Also state whether you intend to buy a new item from a big store or online web-store, or whether you are willing/able to shop around for used gear in classified ads, at smaller local stores, on Craigslist, etc.

For some ideas, go to a big webstore like Musicians Friend or Sweetwater and look up modeling amps. "The best" is probably something by Line 6, but there are a lot of options.

Also, "really loud" combined with "good sound quality" means a powerful amp with a large speaker (or multiple speakers). Bigger and more powerful = more expensive. So you really have to figure out how loud you really need it to be, because guaranteed your budget does not include "the biggest and most powerful". So for example say something like "I'm playing in my bedroom only" or "...in my mom's basement with a drummer and a metal guitarist" or "...at a church that seats 200" etc. That way people can make a realistic recommendation to you.