1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's the best blend pedal to add to my pedalboard for my effects loop?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dudemanbroguy, Mar 9, 2016.

1. dudemanbroguy

dudemanbroguy

Mar 9, 2016
    So I need to add a blend pedal to my pedalboard that will retain a strong clean/dry bass signal while blending it with a separate signal from my effects loop; all of the other 6 pedals on my board. I've read that in order to retain a strong regular bass signal (without it dipping) while blending it through long effects loops, you're going to want a well-built buffer.

With that said, I'm also looking for one that is straight to the point, I don't need a million buttons and knobs, I need it to get the job done: To be the supporter/foundation for my entire effects loop so that I don't lose tone through any pedal and the transitions between effects are as smooth as possible.

I've been looking at the One Control Mosquite Blender and am left wondering if it will it be strong enough to handle a longer effects loop?

I've read that the Barge Concepts DVB-2 Dual Blender is the winner for longer effects loops but they have gone out of business and i can't seem to find a used one anywhere. What are some other reliable options, if any, or would the One Control Mosquite be my best bet?

Thanks!

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I have the One Control Mosquite and can't fault it. Don't think it won't be able to drive a long chain just because it's tiny!

The Wounded Paw one does have a master volume control though, which you may or may not find useful. I don't find one necessary most of the time; if the pedal in the loop as a master volume you can always adjust that and re-adjust the blend level to compensate.

3. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    the longest chain i use is 4 pedals. My Boss LS-2 handles them well.
    I've never tried it, but the Xotic X-Blender gets lots of praise.

RickyT likes this.
  4. dudemanbroguy

dudemanbroguy

Mar 9, 2016
    Ha I wasn't discounting the One Mosquite because of its size. I've read great things about its buffer but I had only seen it used with one pedal at a time in the loop so your input helps me a lot. Thank you! I can also see how the volume control on the Wounded Paw could be unnecessary.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I use a big Wounded Paw for everything. It's oversized but serves as a great preamp, clean blend and looper.
    Whatever I need it can do it.

If you want simple, a LS-2 is just fine.

blindrabbit likes this.
  6. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I have the LS-2 but I'm not in love with it. Its big, chunky, kinda ugly, and as a cluttered interface for what I need it for.
    The Mosquite looks very interesting as does the Wounded Paw. The Blender V1 has some nicer options but is a little expensive because of that damn Canadian shipping.
    I'm interested to see what else pops up here.

7. blr2

blr2

Apr 21, 2010
    Sofia, EU
    BOSS LS2. The most flexible and versatile of the blenders IMO, and reasonably priced to boot. The only thing missing is the phase inversion switch for one of the loops, but this wouldn't matter if you don't have phase-inverting pedals.

zapped777 likes this.
  8. GuitarPCB 's Paramix.

Has a loop, blend, phase, separate gain fir the dry signal, insert in/out on the dry channel and you could rig it to have 100% wet if you need that feature. Available as a PCB or as a kit.

I'm sure Radial has an option or 2, too.

9. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    That sounds interesting, but I don't see any kits on their site, just PCBs.
    I do find it odd that with all the BYOC kits out there, I don't think there is a one or two knob blender kit out there. There must be more to it than I realize.

10. MadBox Splitter/Mixer kit, 12,00 €

ParaMix kit, 28,00 €

I thought it would be kitted out here:
    Store - Top Quality DIY Guitar Pedal Kits
    But it's not there. That's sort of GPCB's kit outlet near as I can tell.
    Mammoth also has GPCB kits, but again no Paramix.

Musikding it is then...