Whats the best Direction?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danhorne, Jul 28, 2004.

1. I have a big amp question that i'm stuck on. I've been looking to buy a new rig (any lamp has more power then current rig ). After alot of researching on the forums and some alittle testing i haven't really gotten anywhere.

I interested in a few ideas.

One is a Eden Metro, i like the Eden sound and have played through their 210XLT alot. But i have heard some bad things about the metro lately, seems like alot of problem with the heads have started to circle here on TB.

Another option would be the raved about Mesa Walkabout Scout. I had never played on any Mesa/Boogie stuff. But i hear this thing is very impressive. my main though does it have enough power to add an extension cab?

i have no clue what to do and would like any input. I play All styles of music and won't be doing any large gigs. mostly just jaming in larger rooms. but i don't want to be lacking any giging power.
  2. I've though about the Yorkville 210 Combo (more powerful model). i've heard good things about that too.
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    GK 1001-RB 2x10 combo.
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I would recommend the Scout. I have the Walkabout head, and it is just fantastic. Any of the EA combos would also serve you well.
  6. is the Scout powerful enough to run a 210 extension? or is that pushing it. I will be looking into trying a Scout out for sure.
  7. Where can i possibly buy Mesa online? i've caught the Mesa/Boogie feaver.
  8. I've never seen any Mesa stuff in shops around here? are there any Online sites that sell Mesa?
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Nothing against the Mesas........damn fine and loud.

However, don't ignore Eden's Nemesis line. They can blow your eardrums out, are proud of their lack of distortion at high volumes, and don't cost nearly as much as the regular Eden line.

Genz-Benz's better series of amp/cabs also need your consideration..........they don't play around.
  10. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    I recently picked up the Walkabout Scout and my days of lugging big gear is over. I have the 12 combo and it puts out a ridiculous amount of tone and bottom for such a small rig. It can be used with an extension, and they sell a 12 extension cab to go with it. All reports I've read say that they can't get it to crap out with the 4 ohm extension. I used it for an outdoor party gig, in my 5 piece band, with no PA support, and it sounded so nice. This amp is worth the price, and I am a now a Mesa convert.
  11. After hearing so many great thinks i beleive i am now a Mesa convert too. Light weight, but will let my bandmates know who's laying down the groove. Sounds perfect.

Back to the Scouts for me...
  12. Here's your answer:

Looks like if your gonna order online, your best is ebay if you want new. Or just drive to the nearest dealer if at all possible (you will have to drive out of province of course). Ontario has the most Mesa dealers out of all the provinces, BTW. Perhaps you can have one of the dealers ship a combo if it's too long of a drive. Good luck :)