1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

whats the best ipod case?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Apr 19, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I like the toughskin case, but the looks suck. i want one that really protects but looks good as well. but protection outweighs looks by a lot. and i want the screen to be protected too. i also want the click wheel to be easy to use. i don't care if its protected or not

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
  3. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
  4. Suran wrap, no kidding, you wrap it up, can still use it completely the same and don't really notice too much difference. I know a guy who has had his wrapped for 2 years (a mini) and he took it off a week ago and it looked absolutely brand new.

5. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I like my iSkin...

6. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Well i finally decided on the iSkin Evo3. I got it off of eBay for $30 (including shipping) instead of the normal $35 (not including shipping). I feel happy. :D

Oh, and that iGuy thing was cool. :bassist:

7. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I had a second generation IPod and I threw a silicon cover over it. I also kept mine in my car and when it got hotter (I live in Buffalo where that is like 75 tops), the silicon actually melted a bit to the Ipod. Now the Ipod looks like it has that whole, "I just removed a sticker but the adhesive is still on" on a bunch of areas...

I just got a Ipod Video and I put it in a case that is similar to this: (No belt clip though)
    [​IMG]

I got mine at the Apple store at our mall. Not sure who makes it but it is 2 pieces of clear plastic (clearer where the screen is) and an opening for the wheel. The front and back cover fit snugly on the ipod and they lock together to form a perfect cover that will make the ipod scratch proof (THEY SCRATCH EASILY!)
    A previous one I had for my old Ipod video (needed to return that one) was the sports one with nylon and light plastic over the screen and wheel. When I took the Ipod in and out of that, the seams of that cover (where nylon meets plastic) actually scratched my Ipod when I had to take it in and out so I could play it in my car.

There is an opening for the UBS power supply also.
    I did some mods to my Ipod car cradle, charger and FM transmitter so the Ipod fits right on without me having to take off the case. Same thing with my 2.1 speaker system (I just use no Ipod adapter for the cradles or hold ing it in place)

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have some leather case that i bought on ebay from a guy in canada.

9. I don't have one, but some friends seem to like the Agent 18 cases which are clear and sleek like the one bannedwit posted.
    -Alex

10. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    AGENT 18! That is the name of what I have...
    It totally was on the tip of my tongue... Thanks man
    PHOTO
    Agent 18 Website

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!