1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's the best make of guitar tuner? (as in peg)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Dec 1, 2006.

1. I recently bought a pretty cheap telecaster, and was going to do it up, but it sounds and plays sooo much better than i thought it would!, the only real problem with is (except for lack of shielding and needing a setup) is the tuners, they go out waaaay too easily, and im lost when looking at things like this on the net, what make to go with, grovers? shallers? etc

If anyone could offer some help on this it would be much appreciated :)

Cheers!

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    First things first... are they new strings? Have they been installed correctly?

I wouldn't bother going overboard on tuners for a tele copy. A set of Schaller ST6s will set you back about £25

3. The strings are new, but they have been tuned up so many times that they should be holding by now, using ernie ball slinkies. Im going by the comparison of how long it takes them to settle in my epi SG (which came with grovers).

The strings are on the same way as ive always done it, so im guessing its just dodgy pegs. Ill have a look into the schallers cheers :)