What's the best multiplayer FPS online?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Mar 25, 2003.

1. I have a decent 1.4mhz Athlon computer and a high speed internet connection at home. I'm interested in playing the occasional FPS online.

I've seen Counterstrike but I prefer games that are more realistic and breathe. I liked playing Operation Flashpoint (single player) and those kind of realistic military sims.

Anyone recommend a very good multiplayer game? Does the server matter when playing online? I'm slogging through IGN.com but I'm interested in some user opinions.
  2. Try Unreal Tournament 2003 or I believe Battlefield 1943 is supposed to be really good, I think it has a first person mode and a third person view mode too. I myself am a fan Of counter-strike and Team Fortress Classic. So try one of those, see how u like em.
  3. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Dude, you can't get anymore realistic then counterstrike. It is an awesome game...real weapons, real settings, and there are plenty of servers to play on.

I also find that if I find a server near my locatoin I get really good ping. I am in SC....when I play servers out of atlanta I get killer ping.

I don't play any other computer games other then CS...so I can't help you anymore. hehe
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Counter-strike=waste of time

Rainbow6 3: Raven Shield = best FPS game EVER.
  5. Just dropped by the store on my lunch break and bought a copy of Master of Orion 3!!! I didn't even know it had been released. I'll be busy with this sucker for a while...
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I got pretty decent at MOO1 and MOO2, but MOO3 is ... different. Quite a learning curve here... menus are not as intuitive as MOO2... manual is not as good... 1st release has some bugs (no real game-crashers yet, knock knock).

All that said, it's getting good reviews which say that patience will pay off, so I'm gonna keep at it.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

How does Ghost Recon compare to other online FPSes? My computer sucks; I'll be playing this on Xbox Live once I get a little better at it.
  8. I think different is good so long as it's a "good" different. Otherwise I'd still be playing MOO2. I'm just surprised because I thought it was still being developed.

Anyways, I'm still interested in opinions about other multiplayer FPS. May pick one up in a while...ouch, MOO3 cost be $84 CDN.
  9. Raven Shield rocks! I've been stuck to the computer since the release....
  10. It's MUCH easier than Rainbow Six, Rouge Spear and Raven Shield. The tangos are much easier (slower reaction, worse aim and more overall artificial stupidity) and in single player you can save in-game which makes it fairly easy even at the hardest settings.

EDIT: I'm a cooperative only player...
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like the Delta Force games. Currently I sometimes play Delta Force: Task Force Dagger online. There are some fun options for games such as king of the hill, capture the flag and good old deathmatch. There are tons of real-world guns to choose from too.

brad cook
  12. I'm not a big fan of Counter-Strike, but I do like to play Battlefield 1942 with my brother and a handful of our friends from time to time at a networked internet PC cafe in Hong Kong.
  13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    moo3 is tricky...not as engaging as moo2 but there is sooo much depth. the Master of orion games are some of the best games ever made
  14. goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    Don't know if there is Operation Flashpoint muiltiplayer (best game I have ever played) ,but I recommend Counter Strike or America's Army. These are as reaistic as game can be. (One shot can kill, tactics is often required...)
  15. juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    I would have to recommend counter strike; but let me warn you, its so good if you get into to it that IT WILL ABSORB YOU.
    other options include day of defeat which is also pretty good for being free; and bf 1942.

if you want more info about the games let me know but remember, IT WILL ABSORB YOU.:D
  16. It's quite old now, but Skynet is another great multiplayer game.
    It's most fun when one of the players is the Terminator with the highest tech level, and the other ones have lower tech levels and try to kill the Terminator. Quite simple but loads of fun. Unfortunately there only is one fun map to play...
  17. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    In terms of realism:

MoHAA is ok.
    BF1942 is cool.
    Raven Shield is amazing
    Ghost Recon too
    Operation Flashpoint and Army Ops are THE BEST :bassist:

cs is lame :spit:

all of them have multiplayer options
  18. WARCRAFT 3!!!!! sorry just had to add that, I love that game, but im a big fan of RPG's and RTS games, but still this is a good game to look into, tons and tons of replayability.
  19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

sorry but 1.4mhz is no where near decent ;)

Warcraft 3 kicks ass...the best thing about it is the mods, they effectively change the entire game and how it plays and works.