Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the deal with fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spur, Jun 17, 2005.

1. spur

spur

Jun 4, 2005
    sweden
    I was planning on buying a Fender but I'm not shure on which model. I'm not looking for that traditional bass sound but rather something that has character and stands out; Jaco, Claypool. Are the vintage Fenders any good, like the 74, 65 Jazz basses etc or is it more of a collecters object? Any suggestions on basses that have a unique sound without having to change to much on the amp.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Geddy Lee signature jazz

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I planning to get my 2005 or 2006 Fender Jazz Bass American Series Deluxe..because Fender is the best way to get my Jazz,a real one. :hyper:

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I bought a Deluxe Jazz QMT. It resembles an American Deluxe QMT but with the addition of a toggle switch that Fender calls a "slap switch". It works like a midscoop.

I compared this with a Geddy and a 'Dyne. While the other two were well made, excellent basses, I chose the QMT because it has a broader range of tones.

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I think the most versatile Fender bass is the Urge II. Great instrument!

6. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
  7. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I played one yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. Now I own a MIA FMT and this bass is not in the same league with that but should hold its own for it's price level. Fender it seems is doing a lot of nice as well as different things these days and anyone looking for a dlx jazz should check this out if money is an issue.

8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    how good is the Urge bass? i looking a 4 stringer

9. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Although I highly respect the brand, I'm not a fan of Fender basses, except for this one. If I ever decide to get a Fender bass, I'd purchase this one blindfolded. Here are some reviews.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1