WHATS THE DEAL with....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaibeau, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jaibeau

jaibeau my fingers hurt Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    DALLAS
    Endorsing Artist:MIKE LULL / ERNIE BALL
    People posting something then letting it sit dormant not returning PM's or replying on post? Damn that's annoying-

2. jaibeau

Nov 12, 2006
    DALLAS
    Meaning "selling" something

3. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    also what is the deal with somebody sending you an email 4 or 5 months later about something they were trying to sell?

4. jaibeau

Nov 12, 2006
    DALLAS
    Hshahaha, yup.... Ha

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    That doesn't bother me. I've had that happen several times on basses that didn't sell right away. I've put a self-imposed deadline on a couple (ie., "Okay, if this doesn't sell within a week, I'm gonna' keep it for awhile.") Then lo and behold, several months later, somebody asks if it's still available. Usually not, because somebody will buy it locally. But I certainly don't mind anybody inquiring about it. What does it take, 2 minutes of my time to reply to them? No problem in my opinion.

But it DOES irritate me when people are selling something and don't respond. Unless they SAY that they'll be out of pocket for awhile.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021