Whats the deal with....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by timidbassist, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Mesa Big Block 750 availabilty?? I have been in love with them since first hearing about them over a year ago and havent until about 2 weeks ago been able to find one anywhere to play. After playing that amp it litteraly revitalized my love for bass, the tone is inrecidbly diverse and made bass playing a lot more fun just for those couple minutes i got to play it. Now I am looking on ebay and on the forums here all the time for people selling them. I have yet to see one on ebay or here (i think maybe once on year..??). Is it because the people that have them are so happy with them, or do not many people have them? Anyone know what the scoop is on these?
  2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    If memory serves me, mesa retools completely to build different amp lines. For example, they will retool to build stiletto heads for 2 months and build no other amp line. Later they will repeat the process for 400+, f30 etc. The 750 may not have come back thru in the rotation yet. I don't know the rotation schedule, but I know they only build one amp type at a time
  3. So its safe to assume they are not very wide spread yet? Sounds about right if what you said is true.
  4. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I hardly ever see the Big Block to be honest. I guess I see the M-Pulse occassionally... but 90% of the time when I see a Mesa head in someone's live rig, its a 400+.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find it used. It's just not out there too much, really. It's like when people gas for a Trace V8 or Peavey Classic 400.... you really gotta hunt and hope for a little luck.

New may be the way to go... but I know that's wicked expensive with Mesa.
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I think the 400+ has been around a while longer than the two hybrid heads... Anyway, I also think it sounds a good bit better and louder, but damn its a lot heavier. Oh well, I will gladly sacrifice my back for my sound ;)