Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's The Deal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fclefgeoff, May 22, 2003.

1. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Is it just me or can you easily tell the age and/or IQ of a TBer by their posted location? You know, "With Your Mom" or "With your daughter". Am I the only one who finds this incredibly immature, offensive and just plain stupid? I am sure that they probably feel quite witty by implying that they're having sex with my wife, mother or siblings but it comes off sounding like third grade, IMO. I don't know, am I off base here? :confused:

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :rolleyes: and where is the 'riff ranch'?

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Near the tator tot farm.

4. Yeah, that is immature. Your wife, mother and sibling (all separate entities, I hope...) should tell you about it themselves rather than make you read about it in someone's location line...

:D

5. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Well, it isn't "climbing out your daughter's bedroom window in the backseat with your mom banging your wife smugly".

It happens to be my home studio and yes, it is near a tator tot farm.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    :D

personally the "n/a" or lack of year in the b'day field gets to me some too... but it's all good. All y'all are just letters & images on my monitor anyway ;)

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i would put that in my loaction line but i am only with her on tuesdays wednesdays and saturdays:D

but really....i don't think its funny at all....so third grade like you said

bp13

8. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Well, I figure if I'm using my real name that I don't want to give my DOB also. Call me a little paranoid but identity theft was still a problem last time I checked.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    good point... and I know that's why some leave the info blank.

like I said it's all good. I'm just diggin' back at your dig. No offence intended.

:bassist:

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    speddling, I believe I can decipher Trenton, New Jersey USA from your location.

I don't see whats the big deal with stating where you live, your DOB and what your gear is. Just don't post your social security or credit card number and rest assured your identity won't be stolen.

11. I used to work as a skip tracer (locating people) and a DOB and your name can be all I'd need to find you and your SSN. So be careful.
    Paper trails.....
    Peace

12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    You know... I can understand that - but I think people should put a fake month and day with the actual year you were born - You see, when I look at that field, I want to know wether the person I am taking advice from is 13 or 53 - it's not that I'm going to send you a birthday card. How about a "ballpark" birthday on the profile so we know how old you are?

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    :D close... tr= toms river

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm broke, bearded, have no credit cards, live at home (well, I'm not done with HS yet, so I suppose that's not really another strike), no girlfriend, and am a bit on the heavy side.

If someone wants my identity, they can have it. But just know I'm charging to take it back.

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    LOL you and me both!

16. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Yes Geoff I totally agree with you.

17. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002