Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats the difference between these bridges

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mumbojumbo4, Oct 22, 2004.

1. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    I have a Squire 4 string p bass and a Fender Standard JAzz Bass. I want to switch the bridges on them, but it dont know if that would work? Would it?

2. 6sixx6

6sixx6

Oct 2, 2004
    wisconsin
    if all the mounting holes are the same and the bridge is similar it probably would work

3. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    yessssssssssssssssss
    thank you im going to that today

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Wow, you really needed him to tell you "yeah, take a look and if everythings the same, it should" to get you going? :eyebrow:

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Yes but if they're the same, why do you want to switch them?

Are you worried about spacing or something?

6. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    First of all why the bridge change? Squires and Standard Fenders use a cheaper, lighter plated bridge. The US models are the only ones using the high quality thicker and heavier bridges. My point is that the Squire and Standard bridges are extremely similar if not exactly the same.

But, in your case, if one is defective and the change is neccessary, the bridges will interchange. Good luck....

7. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    my standard bridge string holder deally keeps getting lower and i have to raise it, but my squire doesnt, so it seems logical to switch them