Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the difference on these cheap Peaveies?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 19, 2004.

1. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    Ok I don't have the answer to your direct comparison, but: I've had a Fury in my hand and I thought it was great value - nicely made, very playable, and good sounding.

Then I later I checked out a Grind 6-string, and was surprised to find a rudely crafted (file marks everywhere etc) instrument.

So apparently lower price range Peaveys can be quite different in quality. I'd say check before you buy.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I agree.

The grind is not for me in the same quality league as the Fury. The Fury is the best bang for the buck for me in that price range. awesome sounding modern bass.

The vietnam made Grind is roughly finished.

3. the preamp is different between them. i also think the neck is different. the body may also be a little different, but not as divergently as the neck or preamp. also, while the pickups are VFL, the ones on the fury are either completely different or just in a different cover. i think the millenium AC has curved pickups covers like the cirrus series, whereas the fury has flat pickup covers. i have never looked inside either of these pickups to see what the coils look like.

robb.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    despite the price on the website is the same i have seen that the retail price here in italy is not that way.

the millenium is cheaper.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I've owned the Fury (along with an RSB) and played the Mil.s quite a bit, and I liked the fury more, though it left me when I decided to sell it, due to me not liking the neck, and sounding very similar to my RSB (I could get eithers sound from either bass with EQ tweaking).

To every man their own,

Ray

6. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    wouldnt a t-40 be a good buy too? i mean same price range right? but the t-40 is used and about 20 lbs more.

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Psshhh- the color, duh! ;)