Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whats the guitar players equivilent to this site?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by matt ramey, Feb 2, 2005.

1. matt ramey

matt ramey

Dec 11, 2004
    is there a forum for guitar that is as thorough as this one is for bass?

2. not that i've heard of as far as being as good as TB, but there are some guitar forums out there. i hear that they are all taken over by "BlInK 182 iS dA ShiZ...ToM PwNz A1l !!!11!! ***

3. Actually, I think TB is the essential guitar site too, Im sure we know more about the instrument than the actual monkeys that play them full time! :D

4. No one could dispute this.

We know a bunch about drums too.

5. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    +1! :)

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I really don't think there is one. I hunted around for it myself and the closest thing I could find were the StoneDragon Guitar Forums. Less populated, but the closest approximation to TalkGuitar that I could find.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    mxtabs.net guitar forum. Go braindead. :D

That has to be the worst run forum I have ever seen. Little to no moderation, and everyone flames each other and states their opinion as fact. It's actually fun to read sometimes because instead of TB where the occasional thread is a trainwreck (and subsequently gets shut down), there every thread is a trainwreck.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Went to that site and found this totally awesome video. Take 5 on a 14 tapping instrument.

Take 5

That guy is amazing. He speeds up a little, but the two hand independence is definitely there.

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Oh MAN! That was so awesome! I can't believe I never saw that link...wow. Definitely something that'd make Regi Wooten swell with pride (and a desire to practice!)

10. What would possess someone to make something like that? What's more, where do you find the time to learn something like that?

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    When you've got piles and piles of talent...and technique...and can probably play the piano, it probably wouldn't take too long. Didn't it take Jaco something like, 9 years to do Donna Lee?

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    There's also www.guitarnoise.com . I haven't delved into the forums at all, but they have tons of lessons and tips, even a small bass section as well. :)

13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    DO NOT PLAY THIS WHILE AT WORK.

That said...Ibanks, that IS fantastic!

14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Funny stuff, but it steps outside of what is acceptable by TB rules.

15. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003