Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats the hardest song people have learnt

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by carlos, Jul 20, 2004.

1. carlos

carlos

Apr 4, 2004
    Hi I was just wondering what songs people have played that really challenged them. Mainly so I can hunt them down and attempt to learn them.

I learnt 'teentown' by Weather Report/Jaco Pastorius got it to a reasonable level and can play it messily at full speed, with more practice I'll get it though!
    I also learnt 'Can't find the time' but Im struggling to remember who thats by my brain keeps saying Marcus Miller but its not. I think its Hubbard.

They're fun to play anyway. I look forward to hearing about other peoples hard songs.

Carl
    :bassist:

2. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    i had a pretty hard time with tommy the cat and is it luck by primus but i got it reasonably ok. also 'come on, come over' by weather report (i think). the notes are pretty easy but the staccato thing and the slippin and slidin groove in the refrain is pretty frustrating to learn.

3. OOOOH, I remember much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair trying to learn Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick, twenty five or so years ago, on a no name wonder bass with a neck like a bannana and an action you could walk under. :bawl:
    :bassist:

4. carlos

carlos

Apr 4, 2004
    'Come on Come over' is by Jaco Pastorius on his own I think. Its on his solo album Sam and Dave sing it.

I had a go at that, the chorus is soooo cool.