1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's the latest cool micro out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jarrett, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    Is the RH750 still the slickest micro that has hit the market thus far?

2. I think the GK MB800 might fit the description.

3. MyMusic

MyMusic

Jun 1, 2010
    Dover, De
  4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    When was the RH750 the "slickest"?

5. pbasswil

pbasswil

Feb 17, 2008
    Well it's inovative and unique in its features and interface, not to mention its modern industrial design. Slick to my eyes.

(not to minimize its controversial power ratings and non-defeatable limiting.)

6. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Yes. ;)

I haven't seen anything close to challenge the TC's amazing feature set yet. I also dig the design, and more importantly tone, and as you know it is loud as well.

The GK MB800 looks cool if you like that GK voicing. Personally, I think the new light weight head from Glockenklang looks really interesting as well, but I'm not sure about its size.

7. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Ya, aside from the whole power debacle thing, they do have a ton of built in features. Some folks seem to really like them, other wish all that baked in processing could be defeated, like you can't escape "that sound" or that the amp is being somehow choked back.

Most of these mico heads all use the same ICE power modules so it really all comes down to preamp tone, features, filtering, limiting, etc.

8. Ashdown Little Bastard?

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Features shmeatures...I just want honesty and I'll skip the built in tuner and compression shenanigans ;)

SVT 7 Pro.

10. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Really diggin' the G-K MB200

11. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Around here, the Genz Shuttles seem to be the most popular by far, though mostly with older players, doing blues, country, older rock-n-roll. Likely due to size, weight, in combination with good cleanish sound, reliability, etc.

Although, I did a gig a couple months ago with another band, guy was using some 112 Markbass combo, I don't know all the model numbers, but it sounded pretty dang good. Smooth and warm. Small, outdoor patio type stage, reasonable volume. It handled stage volume allright, DI sounded good. Of course, these guys were seasoned players. Nobody was doing guitar gymnastics or getting into volume wars.

12. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    I don't know if it's the 'slickest', and it ain't that new, but the GK MB500 I picked up recently is a real animal!!! Through my SVT210AV it is downright SCARY!!!

-JV

13. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Anyone ever seen a micro power amp (no pre?) would love to stick one in my gig bag to use with my VT pedal as a backup amp if needed......

All the power-only amps seem to be power monsters. I'm thinking a really small 2-300 watt amp....

14. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    SWR AmpLite. I think Markbass has one now, too.

15. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    For the price, I'd think a GK mb200 or Carvin's 250 watt micro head would be good small backup choices. Yeah, they're full-on amps, not just poweramps but cheap and you could plug your VT into the effects return, or use them by themselves for tonal variety. Peavey's IPR1600 is cheap power, not compact, but light.

16. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    While I understand that you want to take your endorsement agreement seriously, since when did the SVT7 Pro become micro?

17. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Looks cool, but I was kinda hoping cheap, also :bag:

18. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    :D

I believe Carvin has some 1U class D power amps. Not micro, but still very light and at least only 1U.

19. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    Surprised he didn't just go full SVT on that one, hehe :)

20. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Genz Benz ShuttleMax 9.2....sweet-ness...