Whats the longest a pair of shoes of any kind have lasted you

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 5, 2004.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I seem to go through shoes pretty fast with all the walking i do so i with a pair of dress shoes i would say 2 years. How about you?.

I have noticed that payless shoes where out very fast.
  3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Man I could sell you guys shoes.... better yet if anyone need some shoes I got some for ya... you pay shipping and I'll get out all the coodies!

For realfor Real

Do you have any 13 wides?
  5. Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    My brother runs ultramarathons (50-100 mile races) and trains all the time, so he goes through shoes pretty fast!

For me, I've got a pair of flip-flops that have lasted the longest, a few years, and I wear them all the time. I lived in Phoenix Arizona for a while, so I got in the habbit of wearing flips every day.
  6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've got some Doc Martens that are 12 years old.

"I bet yo' twenty dollars I can tell you where you got yo' shoes! You got one on yo' left foot, one on yo' right foot. Now give me twenty dollars!"
  7. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Oh no.... I wear an 11 sorry man.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I bought my winter boots in 1988... I forget the brand. They were around $120 at the time, steel shank, removable wool lining, etc etc. I got them at a hunting store. My main dress shoes I bought in 1994 (though they are casuals now :meh: )

My daily shoes are about to be retired and I bought them in 1999 - 2000, but I put them away for sneakers for almost a year.
  9. I still have a set of jungle boots that were issued to me in 1988. They were my main field boots in Panama (yes, a jungle, they were always wet) and then the coral desert of Northern Saudi Arabia (coral tears up boots!).

I wear them once in a while, mostly to mow lawn or do things that would chew up ordinary shoes. BTW the leather will still shine up good (between the cracks :( )
  10. sneaker-wise, anything made by Vans.... The soles on the older ones (the old honeycomb pattern soles) lasted forever!! I was sponsored for skateboarding when i was younger and i'd wear out the tops of those things LONG before the soles went out....

Other than that i've got a pair of unknown dress shoes that i've had for about 5 years. i think they get used once or twice a year tops! i try to stay away from court and real jobs...he he :p
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I got my Doc Martens almost a year ago and the soles almost look new.

I wear them almost exclusively and they havent failed me at all. The tops of the shoes are a little dirty, but still good. I actually got them because other TBers were saying how long they lasted and how comfortable they are.

Do they come in larger and wide sizes?
  13. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I once had a pair of Nike cross trainers that lasted 9 years.

Currently, I have a pair of Birkenstock sandals that have lasted about 11 or 12 years, but I don't wear them much.

Also have a pair of 7-year-old Docs.
  14. my doc's are about five years old. real good condition.
    i've got a pair of campers that are a little over a year old, and show absolutely no sign of wear. i expect them to last a couple more years.

i kill athletic shoes though.
  15. I've got a pair of Teva sandals that I have worn every day it was warm enough since 93. Now I live in Canada so that is only somewhat impressive.
  16. I've got a pair of Nike Pegasus shoes that probably have at least 1000 miles on them. After i wore them out too much for them to be my main running shoes, I just started wearing them as my daily casual sneakers. Been wearing them alsmot every day since 1999.
  17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wore the same pair of steel toe engineer boots pretty much every day for about 9 years. replaced them 2 years ago, and except for a bit of scuffing, the current pair look to be on track for about another 5 or 6 at least.
  18. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I had a pair of airwalks that i bought about 15 years ago, and they've only recently met their end due to my puppy chewing them up. great great shoes.
  19. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I have a pair of Adidas Superstar OG's that I've worn pretty much everyday for almost three years.

They look like hell but the soles have very little wear and they are still pretty comfortable. Thanks to the Dr. Scholls gel inserts.

I think its about time to retire them so I've decided to just buy the same model of shoe again.
  20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im pretty sure they do but Im not positive.

Im only a 10 regular/wide.