Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats the lowest note you can sing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mac_the_sac, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Whats the lowest note you guys can sing before it starts to sound like crap. I can get down to the d below the bass clef, equivalent of open d string, before it sounds bad and is hardly a note. I played a show with a guy once, who knew a guy, who could sing the g BELOW the bass clef, as in three ledger lines down, and make it sound pretty, I think thats pretty impressive.

2. On a typical day, I can get down to about a C (third fret, a string) and have it sound "good." At least, as good as anything else I sing, which isn't very good:( .

The lowest I've ever hit? G, third fret on the E string. It was after a three week break from choir, during which I had zero singing.

That terrific, awe-inspiring, contest -winning, girl-impressing:D ability was sadly gone the next day.

On a side note, my girlfriend who has never had ANY singing experience is good all the way down to about a A or Bflat, bottom of the bass clef.:eek: That was a lot deeper than any of the second altos in my choir and a couple of the tenors!

Our kids are gonna have some big voices.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Comfortably, low C, the highest not I can hit is around C 3 octaves above though :eek:

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ah yea from the Rb Demolished scale :D

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Of course. I also sing a mean Z# on the Decresending scales.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Right, one of my favorite modulations is off a Z#b7 add salt, move it up a pi step to B easily amused.

Great resolve

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And tastes great with a jazz burger.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Goes well with SALSA! too :D :D :D

thank you, a thank you, have a safe trip home , don't forget to tip your waiters

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You killed it, Mike. Nice job.

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan