Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the most exciting football game you've ever been to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MoltarRocks, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Now I realize that I'm probably in the minority, having been to the Vet, Three Rivers, 3Com and whatever they call the Rams' arena now.

I really had the most fun tailgating at 3 Rivers for the Steelers v Skins a few years ago. Man do they know how to cook sausage.

But the most exciting game had to be the Niners v Raiders game 2 years ago. Although the Niners lost, to the chagrin of my friends, but Terrell Owens proved he was Pro Bowl material that day.

2. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    San Diego State vs. Colorado State in Ft. Collins CO 1999. The mighty Aztecs stole it from the Rams in the snow.

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Boston College vs. Notre Dame at BC, 1994. BC won for the second year in a row. The crowd's energy was amazing.

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    the peach bowl a few weeks ago...Us terrapin alum ruled the day !

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Manchester United in the FA Cup final of 1983 !!

Brighton took the lead, but then Manchester United came back with 2 goals, but then Brighton equalised from a corner.

With a few minutes to go our Scottish striker Gordon Smith found himself alone against the goalkeeper and looked certain to win the game 3-2 for Brighton - but he hit the ball straight at him!

6. I was actually at the third and last USFL championship game. I think it was 1985. It was at the Meadowlands, where the Giants and Jets play. Remember the USFL?!? The matchup was the Oakland Invaders against the Philadelphia Stars. Great game, as I recall. I think Philly won. I remember the first TD of the game was some guy on Oakland running back an interception return.

7. Sinker

Sinker

Dec 4, 2002
    Newark, DE USofA
    My son plays high school football for a lousy team. They've been 1-9 the past two seasons. This past November they played the undefeated Howard HS Wildcats and lost on the last play of the game when the Howard QB threw a perfect pass to his All-State wideout on a crossing route.

My son cried.

What a game.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Fear the turtle!!

Most exciting game I went to this year: Skins vs. Rams. Rams were on a 5-game winning streak, this was Warner's first game back. Rams took early lead, Skins came back big, Rams whittled away the lead. With twenty seconds to go in the game, the Rams had 3rd and goal, 3 points down. They tried a passing play, but Warner was sacked, he fumbled, the Skins recovered, game over! Had club level seats on the 50 yard line for that one.

Most exciting regular season game was Skins vs. Carolina Panthers in 1999. Both teams had a good chance to make the playoffs. Carolina went up 21 to 0 in the first quarter! The Skins came back to take the lead in the 3rd quarter. Carolina scored late to take a 1-point lead, but Brad Johnson drove the Skins close enough to kick a long game-winning field goal.

The most exciting have been playoff games.. the atmosphere is always intense.

9. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Hell yeah!!! I was a freshman at BC then. Undoubtedly the best time I've had at a football game!

10. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Lions vs Patriots in the superbowl, Madden 95, Sega Genesis. Barry had 200 rushing yards, Scott Mitchell had 425 passing yards!

11. Portsmouth vs Huddersfield Town sometime in the late seventies. In fact, it's the only football game I have ever been to. I was so excited I have never seen another.

12. Cornell vs. Harvard, October 1999. It was back and forth all day, and came down to the very last play--Cornell blocked what would have been a game-winning field goal for Harvard.

13. i am a huge notre dame fan. have been since i could walk. the most memorable game i have ever seen in person happened 4 or 5 years ago when i finally got a chance to go to south bend to see nd play rutgers. turns out it couldn't have been a better time to do so since the week i was down there lou holtz announced his "retirement" and that it would be his last home game. also the stadium was scheduled for a renovation after the season. so i got to see the irish romp rutgers for lou holtz last game and the last game ever played in the original stadium.

GO IRISH!

TYRONE WILLINGHAM IS THE MAN!

14. JWBass

JWBass

Jul 20, 2001
    Levittown, PA
    This coming weekend's NFC Championship Game! The Eagles are gonna rock the Bucs. Warren is a Sapp. :cool:

15. bucs are gonna take it....mark my words:D

16. FSU vs Pitt in something like 1979 or 1980 (way too many brain cells up in smoke here folks!) That's when Pitt was a real monster with Dan Marino at QB. FSU was the underdog and the fans kept the 'Noles in the game all day long with incredible crowd noise. Crybaby Dan even wanted the refs to make the crowd quiet down but they wouldn't. We beat 'em soundly.

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Bills v Raiders in an AFC Championship Game on the way to a Super Bowl. The seats in Rich Stadium were covered by about 1/2" of ice. I wore 4 pairs of pants + long underwear, 3 thick shirts and a down jacket. Bills schtomped 'em...

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Bears-Bucs.

First home game after Walter Payton passed on.

Bears blocked a field goal with about 2 seconds left to win.

Great game. :D

19. So are the guys that dive and hold their shins really hurt or how much of it is acting?

20. I meant REAL sports, not beating up on AI.