1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats the name of your band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaysun, Apr 12, 2006.

1. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
  2. The two bands im currently in:

Spengler - Ghostbuster influenced punk

Armed Response Unit - Old Tyme Hardcore (to coin a Slapshot phrase)

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    A thread for shamelessly promoting my band in hopes that one or two of you will visit the site, buy our merch and then arrange for us to come and play your city?

I'm in!

STONE BUDDHA

Read what you want to into the name, there are various reasons for it's choice. We stear clear from religeon in our songs though.

4. SherpaKahn

SherpaKahn

Dec 1, 2005
    Bronx, NYC
    Coffee and Cream (Formerly Ham Sandwich)

-During rehearsals, we always sit around while waiting for pizza to arrive, so we're usually pretty hungry while thinking about names and other stuff for our band. It also pays homage to how our lead guitarist is obsessed with Cream. Also, it hints at our band's biracial nature. :rollno:

5. page And The Pages. Currently consists of:

page- guitar, bass, perc,vocals,trumpet,everythingelse

and NONELSE.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Brand new band: Silverback. We're all over fifty ... get it? Gray-haired large primates. We're thinking of getting a younger lead singer, in which case we'll be Silverback and the Chimp.

7. blacksteel- hard rock, heavy metal.

8. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    my band is called Jealousy kills.

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'll forego posting "The List". You can find it in several threads. But when we went through that endless string of name suggestions we ended up with Fuzzy Logic. Before Fuzzy Logic I had been in several bands with kind of accidental names.

In one band we had been practicing for a few weeks and were starting to get decent when the drummers wife asked him what we were called. He answered "Nothing, yet." She said "I like it."

So we were 'Nothing Yet'.

Then we got a new guitarist, and lost a guitarist and a singer. This version of the band practiced in the record store the guitarist ran. At closing time he would lock up, move the shelves back, set up in the space they had occupied and jam. The record store was right next door to a movie theater, so crowds would gather on the sidewalk and watch us. After a while, it got to be a regular thing. People would go to the theater to see a movie and stay outside on the sidewalk watching us in stead. One time one of the high school kids who liked us asked a friend if he was going to watch us as well. He said "Why would I want to look at some ugly dudes?"

So we were 'Some Ugly Dudes.'

One we used for a while translates as an obscenity. I won't write it out becasue of that. But it was Spanish for F***ing Honkies. We were "P***** Bolillos."

One band was several members(all but the singer) of a previous bad who had broke up becasue of the singers ego. So we called ourselves 'Second Wind.'

Another was basically Fuzzy Logic without the keyboard player. We got together for some open mic things. The guitar player and drummer are brothers, so they called me to jam at an open mic night after we had not played together in close to a year. We got there and there were very few musicians wanting to play, so it ended up turning into sort of a gig by default. We played (badly) several of our old originals. One of the drunks wanted know who we were. We didn't want to give our real band name because A) We weren't all there. , and B) We sucked. so the guitarist blurted out 'Split Decision'.

There have been others but this post is getting too long.

10. RwG

RwG

Mar 24, 2006
    orlando, fl
    My band is called Rabbits with Glasses, taken from the buried track "disgustipated" (track 69) of Tool's Undertow album. I suggested the name as a joke when we were thinking of names but they liked it. We thought about changing it for the first few months (rabbits are not very rock and roll), but now it's who we are and it's grown on me. We almost went with The Dayshift Strippers.

www.rabbitswithglasses.com
    www.myspace.com/rabbitswithglassesrock

11. My current band is called Injured as a tribute to Mitch Hedberg.
    I would love to be in a 70s funk band called Captain Delicious and the Oreo Crew.

12. RRuud

RRuud

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    My band is called Collective Mind,

I like the sound of it and there are a lot of ways to interpret it...
    I'm also somewhat Jung obsessed so that may help aswell.

13. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    in search of
    www.myspace.com/InSearhCofnj
    www.InSearchOfnj.com

we were a band called "Flat Earth Society". we had found out that there was another fes in europe. they were a big band back in the 60's. they got rereleased like 2 years ago by this label in the us. so we decided it was time to call it quits with that. we got a new guitar player anbd began writing more hardcore riffs, something that we had all wanted to do for awhile just didnt want to straw away from what fes was, a west coast style punk band, ala bad religion and pennywise.

i am also ina band called The Team. i plan on singing, but right now i am playing the bass just to write some songs and get them recorded. it s

14. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
  15. I'm not in any band yet but I'd like to be in one called "Burnt Toast" or "Cheesey Like Sunday Morning".

16. My band is "The Cryptones".

We are a psychobilly band. I think that sums it up.

17. 1) Jamie West Band

Because the bandleader is called Jamie West... :cool:

Actually it was more difficult than that. He was thinking about naming it just Jamie West, or adding a Jamie West and The ________ or Jamie West and _________. Ah... decisions, decisions. We're a blues based band, so the tradition of naming after the bandleader was used.

Anyways... www.jamiewest.net or www.myspace.com/jamiewestband

2) The Prodch

Corruption of the word Project. It was meant to be just that. We were acting in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a college project. We didn't think to jam until then. We went to an open mic, and then evolved into a band. We used the word "project" to descrive what we were doing... and it just came from there.

www.theprodch.tk

18. XavierG

XavierG In Memoriam

Xccentricity

19. Cloggy

Cloggy

Apr 5, 2006
    I am inextricably involved in my son's band that is going to do Back Door covers and a few other things,like Brecker stuff.
    It's called a A Step Back!

And we've thought of a name for a tune that has yet to be written:

The Paradox of the 30 Pint Woman.

:)

20. The Third Order of the Slaphappy Pineapple